Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A summer morning at Dee's

  The things that make me always smile like a little girl again toy trains,train rides and ice cream with Dee! 

  Friday I had an invite for ice cream and cookies at Dee’s. I love when I get a chance to visit a truly interesting kind joyful friend. It's so much fun to get ideas from her wealth of knowledge. Months ago I had given Dee a milkweed plant  for her garden.Milkweed is a host plant for Monarchs and she had been rewarded with a bunch of butterflies. I actually saw one as I crossed her little bridge.
  Last Friday I had in my hot little hands my Egg and I Hooked rug  to show my friend how I was doing.
After I had looked at Dee's projects I plopped on the floor of the cool bricks and spread my wool strips about to get another point of view on color placement.I was trying to figure out what colors was the best for the letters. I thought the color I had picked was right for my rug when it was next to the wording but after hooking it the letters faded.  Here are some quick pictures of Dee’s goodies enjoy….



                                             I sat looking at all the little pillows



                                                   Dee made this primitive scrubbing board
                                                   Dee saw this in a magazine and made one for herself .


Stitcheries

A gift from Michele
What a cute bird

I love Dee's hooked Rug Love that cats face! 

Little chapels
 Dee made the little wooden cross
There are wooden crosses all over her wonderful garden.
I have one she made and it's happily on a tree.


oink

Little fabric pillow from Dee

A cool summer spot 





5 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a talented friend Dee is. I would love to have a tour of her lovely home and yard, they certainly offer lots of ideas and inspiration. Looking forward to seeing your "egg" rug. Happy July fourth! Julie.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Dee has many talents! What a great friend to have and hold dear.
Happy 4th to you and your family.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Bee Lady said...

I know exactly what you mean about color. I just took
F o r e v e r picking out yarn for a ripple afghan.
Dee is a very talented friend!

Cindy Bee

Kim said...

What a great spot. I love all her things, especially the little stitched pillows.
Happy 4th to you and yours
Kim

Larkrise garden girl said...

Happy 4Th to everyone! HUgs Cheri