Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sea World and my Primitive Rug




Color inspiration
 How  crazy am I. I was eating Jacks birthday cake and noticed
that the cake was chocolate
 and the ice cream was a pretty purple
The dark of the cake contrasted
 with the ice cream great! 
I am going to try to put a dark brown
 in the lettering since the purple lettering does not pop!


Summer is flying by!
Last Sunday we went to Sea world again. It’s great having passes we don’t have to rush around and frantically go to one show after another.   After meeting up with my daughters family we walked around the park. Here are some pictures I took of the day and how I am progressing on my Egg and I Rug. Once again I started with a pattern and then changed it to make it more personal.




I am a color fanatic now because of rug hooking.I am even more so aware of colors in nature

That's how I felt after eating birthday cake all week!





I think I am like that flamingo with it's head in the water.
                                        I am in my own little world while
                                        everyone else is looking around.
                                        Lol.


                                 I wonder how the flamingo's like a roller coaster next to them


                                                                     Tide pools






                                                      Little Jack making friends at Sea World


This was the Sesame street area for little kids 
Chaos!



                                                             Little kids in motion



                                   These birds like to steal the fish when your feeding the seals 
                                       It was a fun day! This week flew by ...




                                                              
                                                                A star fish Rug?


                                                               Have a nice weekend , Cheri











9 comments:

Orange Sink said...

Cheri,
What a great post! Looking for color inspiration in a cake..... gotta LOVE that! Those flamingoes are fabulous! Enjoyed all the photos and the baby is certainly getting big.... how did that happen?
Love your rug so far!
Blessings and hugs!
Cathy G

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy, I am such a crazy gal but I thought that it was so funny as I ate the cake I kept focusing on the chocolate brown cake.It went so good with purples.Hubby didn't know what to think of Black raspberry Icecream.He is so traditional. That litte kid is going to be tall.Lol Cheri

Saundra said...

Oh those kids were definitely having a great time. Thanks for letting me visit Sea World with you and I didn't need to put up with the crowds and didn't even need a pass.

Love how your rug is coming along.

Saundra

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Great pics! LOVE the flamingos :)
Jack is just is as cute as can be and looks like he had a great time.
Yes, summer is flying by :( Even with our sweltering heat, I prefer summer over winter any day of the week.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

I giggled because it's so true - hookers see color matches and future rug designs everywhere. Love the pics in this post. Jack looks like he had a blast with all those kiddies. The starfish colors are fun. I've never seen any that color before.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals,Little Jack was so funny to watch playing with other kids.It's 87 today! Yikes Hugs Cheri

BlueShell said...

What a wonderful blog!!!

Stunning photos...
BShell

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi BShell, Thanks for the nice compliment,Cheri

Bee Lady said...

Great pics! And most definitely a starfish rug next! I think I have a rug hooking book somewhere w/a starfish pattern.

Cindy Bee