Sunday, June 24, 2012

Look what bloomed in my garden


The week that was..

I had a really busy week between making sure everything had water in my garden and working on my Egg and I rug. During the week I mowed the back yard to make a path to the very back of my yard. I was sweating away in the middle of the day. I was questioning my decision of mowing the back on such a hot day When I  had a happy surprise. I discovered a big cactus bloom it was so beautiful.It was in a big pot and had ice plant all over it. I felt bad.Even after being neglected it was the prettiest bloom in my garden.Wow! Maybe that's a metaphor on our lives.hummm.


My daughter has been having a rough time with pain so I went out to give some moral support. Pain is such an isolating condition and it seems it never will end.For all those that suffer with ongoing health issues my heart goes out to them.  After a day and a half and lots of hugs to little Jack who thinks I am a nutty Nana.  Little Jack was introduced to gently touching my hooked rug. Little Jack had such a look of awe.I kept saying gentle while he touched it. I have been crazy in love with hooking on linen lately it is so much easier in my hands. So Saturday I had one look back at the little family wishing I could fix what I can't but with a simple prayer in my heart I was back driving my hour and a half in crazy southern California traffic and back up on my Crest hill to Maulie Morris and hubby.


So Saturday when I got back home there was in my small front room was box after box of old trains. My hubby had taken everything out of his train room so he could put up his train shelves. I could only smile. Finally he is truly making some headway getting his old trains up on display. I can hardly wait  for someday little Jack and grandpa to be playing in grandpa's train room.


I bought this old coffee grinder from my neighbor.My neighbors mom passes away awhile ago and so he had this weird piece of pottery of his moms collection. Has anyone ever seen anything like it. It's like an acorn or nut is in the pottery?weird








                                                It's funny a plant so sharp and prickly
                                                can make something so pretty!
                                                For some reason it reminds me of some
                                                people I have met in my travels thru life.
                                            .
                                                                 hugs to all Cheri

13 comments:

Saundra P said...

Beautiful bloom, wonderful rug and if only we could wish the pain away from your daughter.

Saundra

Kim said...

I love the metaphor of the neglected plant. It certainly makes you stop and think.
Sorry your daughter is struggling with her illness. I'm sure your visit was very much appreciated. The rug is looking great. Keep hooking!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks everyone, I love working away on my rug and being hopeful.hugs cheri

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Hope your dear daughter is feeling better soon. I love the blossom...so pretty. Great coffee grinder. My brother roasts coffee, so I've bought him some for birthdays. Fun!
Hugs,
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, Thanks for the well wishes for Megan. Isn't that such a pretty bloom. I loved it!

Julia said...

Cheri, I'm so sorry about your daughter being in pain. It just doesn't seem fair to suffer so much.

What a nice thought to have grandpa and grandson playing with trains.
What an amazing bloom. Isn't mother nature just amazing? Your rug looks fantastic.

Prayers for your daughter. Hugs. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Julia for the prayers. Hugs Cheri

acorn hollow said...

that bloom is just beautiful!
I am so sorry your daughter is having pain it is a constant struggle just to do day to day everyday things.
have a good week
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy,Thanks for the good thoughts. Have a good week, hugs Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry to hear about your daughter. It's good you don't live farther away.
Love that rug & the bloom is gorgeous!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren,shitzu hugs back Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, I do hope your lovely daughter is pain free soon, I have suffered enough to know there is nothing worse than constant pain. Your hooked rug is coming along nicely, my belief is once you hook on linen you never go back. It made me smile when I read you referred to yourself as the "nutty" grandma. Everytime I tell my six week old grandson Travis that I'm his "crazy" granny, it never fails I get a smile. Hope you are enjoying these first days of summer, greetings from Maine, Julie. PS I still miss Dorcas Lane and her one true weakness!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, I am so sorry you have suffered with pain. It's hard when there is nothing you can do. Dorcus I loved her character and miss the characters of Larkrise to Candleford. Being a grandma is so wonderful! I love when little Jack rests his face on my shoulder or when he falls asleep while I am holding him. Were so blessed!