Friday, June 15, 2012

Egg and I Road primitive rug ,Visions Quilt Museum

This week I have been enjoying hooking my new Egg and I Road primitive rug. I really enjoy hooking this rug on linen it's easier to hook with and easier on my hand. I spent late last night way past twelve hooking away. There is nothing better then laying in bed as your head hits the pillow thinking what color wool are you going to use next on your rug! Instead of  what problems of the day you encountered your mind is swirling with enthusiasm for what your making on your piece of linen. I am so happy and content when I creating something I am never bored.I was wishing I could just skip sleeping because I was in the hooking zone. I decided that I am going to use black on the letters but my black wool needs to be muted. I tried to use the Tide way of draining some of the color out of the black wool but it didn't work.I guess I will have to dye a pot of wool.

                                          When I am done I will have a permanent reminder of
                                          Washington State and Bainbridge Island
                                          and going down the Egg and I Road
                                          with my daughter.
                                         
                                                  I need to move the little tree over a little I think


  On Wednesday I went with my friend to Visions Quilt museum a contemporary Quilt museum in Point Loma . I like traditional quilts the best but even if it’s not your cup of tea you do get ideas of what’s out there

 in the contemporary world of quilting. I couldn’t take pictures of the quilts inside the exhibit. Darn!
That was disappointing  . The quilts were wild using all mediums on fabric.They were story quilts and very interesting but there was no way you would see these quilts laying on someones bed.  Some reminded me of altered art on fabric anything goes.The Visions quilt  museum is situated in a redone military base and now it’s filled with shops, churches, restaurants,markets and fitness centers. We saw military men jogging by too.   It is such a smart and  unique way of making and old base part of Point Loma's community by updating it to fit in with today's needs.
                                                                          Quilt Museum


   

                                                             Woke me up Lol

                                                                   The planes fly low







                                               These are some examples of members work




It reminds me of altered art but with fabric


                                                      Things for sale in the gift shop


                                                       


                                     

                                                    Art benches were on the outside of buildings

                                                     
                                                       


8 comments:

Saundra said...

Was nice to see your rug in progress, I so do enjoy your style of hooking. Thanks for the tour of the museum.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Saundra

Gayle said...

I love story rugs that have personal meaning - this will be a treasure for sure!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gayle, I'm with you it is fun to make your Hooked Rugs personal sometimes.

Bee Lady said...

I like your hooked rug and glad you got blogger working again. Looks like you had a nice time at the museum. Aren't columns fun to take pics of!

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cindy bee, I thought the columns
were fun to take pictures of. I bet there were lots of columns in Italy! Hugs Cheri

Karen Whittal said...

Absolutely beautiful quilting is no something that is big in South Africa yet........ stunning work

Larkrise garden girl said...

Karen, I sure wish I would have been allowed to show the current exhibit. I am glad you liked the quilting.Cheri