Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Back to the first day of going to Sock Camp

                                                          On The way to Port Townsend

We had arrived in Seattle taking the ferry to Bainbridge Island dropped off our luggage at sock camp.
My story continues as we drove thru beautiful scenery.  Just being around such different colors in the nature  of Washington was like getting a fresh jolt of new ideas.  I could use what I was seeing into my own wool quilt and in hooked rugs.   My daughter and I were able to see the sights of neighboring towns as we drove thru trees and more trees.Megan had attended Sock Camp before and so she knew some places to explore that I would enjoy.The colors of nature is so inspiring and I do love Cows and Barns and yes my Cow rug is finally done.I just need to block and start binding it!

    This is the beautiful scenery of going to Port Townsend Washington


 I love old houses gardens and animals so it was a wonderful day driving to and seeing Port Townsend.


                                                              This barn would look great in a rug


                                                    Many years ago and a woman wrote a story about living
on this road when there were hardly any people in Washington. This is the road Megan and I visited.
beautiful colors


deer

I loved this arbor 

7 comments:

Kim said...

You got some great pictures. Everything looks so pretty and serene. I love the deer casually munching on a lawn.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, That deer was in the middle of town.

Julia said...

One thing I've noticed since I've been hooking, I look at colours in nature and scenery differently than before I hooked rugs.

Nice photography. Love the deers too. Hugs, JB

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Wow! What eye candy in all of those pictures. I can see what you mean about turning the colors into rugs. When you examine the colors we love that are around us...color planning becomes so much easier!
Hugs,
Courtney

Rugs and Pugs said...

I think Blogger (or my computer) lost my first comment.
Just wanted to thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a lovely big old barn. The scenery is just beautiful, it reminds me of island life, calm and serene here along the Maine coast. DH and I are so enjoying the series Lark Rise to Candleford, I am going to be so sad when it comes to an end. I just love Dorcas Lane. Thank you for bringing it to our attention! Looking forward to seeing more sock photos...Hugs

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, I am glad your enjoying the pictures it feels like i am reliving the beauty of Washington when I look at them. Maine sounds wonderful.Washington is the closest thing to a feeling of the east coast that I can imagine. I am so excited I finished my Moo Cow rug today I am binding and Friday is the great reveal!It is my favorite rug I have ever made.