Friday, April 13, 2012

A woodcarvers garden and a little bit of sock knitting

Busy Busy gal I have been this week. Between rug hooking lots of errands, buying knitting needles and shopping for clothes I have been so busy!I used my left over ham and made ham and bean soup for hubby since it's cold and rainy today. I am going to freeze some for him so he can have it while I am gone at sock camp.I am going to miss Hubby and Maulie and of course Morris.Next week I'll be in Port Ludlow knitting needles in my hand and a smile on my face.  

First I have some current pictures from Dee’s garden.

About a month ago she needed a new fence so out went her tree and a new fence was put up and a new gate. It was sad to lose the tree but I like the way she used her old fence against the new one. All gardens change thru out the life of a gardener and every season brings adversity whether it’s gophers,rabbits,frost or a new fence. I was happy to see her garden still had her unique personality. I like her logs that she pushes  around her garden to give it a natural look.

It was such a lovely day at Dee’s we had tea and shortbread and a cup of ice cream. Visiting Dee in her home is stepping back in time feeling like you traveled back hundreds of years. I felt like a little kid. I brought my Moo Cow rug to show her what I have been doing.
                             Dee's old fence is in front of her new fence leaving some old character
                                    Dee carved the crosses against the fence



Dee my wonderful wood carver friend gifted me with a wooden carved heart for Megan and one for me.I love it!




Braided rug Michele gave me I love it!

I have about four days til I am off to sock camp. I can’t believe I have so much to do. First I have homework and I am trying to make sure I have warm clothes. I am getting all my knitting supplies rounded up. I feel so scattered lately trying to get stuff done. I’ll post one last post before I leave of rug hooking group last Tuesday before I leave on Tuesday.

                                                 I love this yarn it's Socks that Rocks merino


                                                             My first sock I knit the cuff and
                                                        some how I went inside out for
                                                        the leg! Lol! I hope to get to the heel flap next,

6 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, Your friend Dee sounds like an interesting person. It would be nice meeting her on your blog sometimes.

The new fence will soon weather and look right at home in the yard. Loosing a tree is always so sad but it looks like she still has plenty for shade.

Love your multi color yarn . You are being very creative to knit inside out, lol but no one can deny that you are knitting a lovely sock.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I can't wait to hear all about Sock Camp and I know that you will enjoy yourself with your daughter. Hugs. JB

acorn hollow said...

Have fun at sock camp! Her garden looks wonderful
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia and Cathy,I just finished downloading my pictures from rug hooking for the next post. I had to buy more space for pictures Yikes! I am hoping to get caught up on every ones blog before I leave! Hugs Cheri

annie said...

I love your friend's garden, the pictures are wonderful.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Dee is such an interesting person and so artistic the way she looks at things. I am glad you liked it Annie.

Dog Trot Farm said...

I love Dee's artistic flare. What sweet little carved hearts, wonderful primitive touches both inside and out. Greetings, Julie.