Monday, April 16, 2012

Camp Castaway Sock Camp at Port Ludlow Washington

                                    Blue Moon Camp Castaway here I come!


Well blogger friends here is my last blog before I leave on Tuesday for Camp Castaway sock Camp! The theme is pirates.

This is such a nice birthday present from my daughter. The fact that she wanted me to include me in her adventure touches my heart.

I have never been to Seattle and I am looking forward to seeing Pikes Market. I can hardly wait to see Bainbridge Island. I can just see us driving thru the island to get to Port Ludlow.. I can hardly wait to see if I can find some sea glass and I will be sure and take lots of pictures for all of you.

The sock camp talent show will be interesting and Megan suggested showing my sheep rug hooking I gave her for my talent so maybe I’ll recruit some knitters into rug hookers. I hope so! I finally finished my pirate themed little kerchief I am now ready! Megan made a great pirate hat she knitted and felted amazing!


                                                                  My pirate kerchief I knitted

                                                   Megan knitted and felted her pirate hat


The dye class I think will be my favorite class. I am so excited I can hardly wait. So much has transpired this last year which has been truly heart breaking at times so to just have this adventure that Megan and I can share and enjoy is a true blessing.

Now this sounds silly but when I was a child I use to send away for travel brochures of places to see and would love when a travel brochure would come of different states.I was always sending those free postcards to get tourist information.What a silly kid I was. One of the places I always wanted to see was the Pacific northwest.Wow I feel like a kid I am so excited. Lol!

                                                    I am so close to getting my hooked rug done!

           http://sockcamp.bluemoonfiberarts.com/ here is a link that tells about the sock camp
                                                     Well back to packing....hugs Cheri

10 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
How exciting for you!!! I live south of Seattle and when the weather is nice, it is just gorgeous!! Let's hope and pray the rain holds off so you can see the mtn. ranges! You will so enjoy Pike Place and anywhere else you get to visit and I'm sure you will have an amazing time at your camp!
Enjoy each moment!!
Julie

acorn hollow said...

I am so excited for you! How much fun you will have! I can't wait to hear all about it
cathy

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, I so excited for you.

Your pirate kerchief looks great and so does your daughter's felted hat.

I'm sure that you will have a fabulous time at camp. I'll be waiting for pictures.

I hope that you are all packed and have checked your list before going.

Your Moo Cow rug is so close to being finished. It looks great and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a featured rug again on Rug Hooking Daily. You are a natural at primitive rug hooking.
Have FUN. Hugs. JB

Saundra said...

Your hooked rug is beyond wonderful and hope you will post a completed picture of it. You are the grandma moses and the Magdalena Briner of today. I love what you are doing.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Oh you gals are so wonderful!!

Dog Trot Farm said...

I am so excited for you, and excited that you will be sharing this wonderful adventure with your daughter. Have a lovely time, I can just hear those knitting needles clicking together now! Hugs, Julie.

Kim said...

I can't wait to hear (and see) all about it. Happy socks to you!

Ter'e said...

Oh Cheri - the knitted and felted hats are divine. Love that gorgeous pirate hat! WOW. Makes me want to knit (not) (I am all fumble-fingers).
The camp will be an absolute ball. A chance of a lifetime. Such gorgeous territory. Much diff from San Diego, no? :-)
I keep waiting for the fireworks to go off, telling us The Moo Cow Rug is finished. It is just my fav! So precious!
Have a great time while you are gone!!!!!

Leontien said...

Ohhhhh have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a great time.

Big hugs from Indiana
Leontien

Larkrise garden girl said...

I'm back! So much fun!!! I am so tired I am going to download picures tomorrow! Hugs Cheri