Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Summers Past Farms in San Diego county and Fairy Gardens



                              Summers Past Farms in Flynn Springs California





                                                         Part of the fairy garden

I have always loved miniature's so today was a happy treat!

Summers Past Farms
   This darling little Fairy garden
is right in the middle of a maze. The maze is just starting to grow since were still in March and just at the beginning of spring. In the Midwest a maze is in a corn field but in Southern California it's a sweet pea maze. 
                                                                    cute steps
                                                                      all the details



                                         The Fairy Garden is right in the middle of the sweet peas
                                                                        fairy garden little people
                                                              sweet pea maze just beginning to get taller





 
                                           so many blooms
 
                                                                         Honey
 
 
                                                                      a bucket of flowers
 
 
                                                                   



                                Garden structures always make a garden interesting to look at

                                         Here is a link to last years Fairy Festival just click
                                          http://www.summerspastfarms.com/fairyfestival.htm
                                    
                                                     
                                        

11 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

What fun! I have always loved fairies. Those gardens are just wonderful. Thanks for taking us along to such a great place!
Hugs,
Courtney

Julia said...

I love visiting the fairy gardens. It must have taken someone a long time to put it all together. Thanks for sharing the blossoms and your sunny part of the world.

JB

Saundra said...

Oh such a wonderful walk thru the flowers and fairie garden. Very calming and gives hope that more blooms will be arriving soon in Delaware. Already we've had the crocus and daffodills are up but there is more to come.

Thanks for the tour.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi gals, It was such a nice day yesterday with a friend. We went to summers Past Farms went to a yarn shop,Had lunch and I bought my berry bush! I got a sock pattern and last night I made a scarf for Maulie.Lol

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of this, I was reading about it in a book and I was telling my husband when we went down to look at the trees he wants to by we had to go visit Summer's Past Farms. It is as beautiful as I thought. I love the fairy garden. I need to make one in my own garden.
Thanks for your comments on Celia Thaxton. I will put that book in my library queue. Thanks for the title I know I will love it.
Thank you so much. Yes, today just seemed a good day for poetry.

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am so glad you liked my pictures! be sure and check out the web site for days their open. It's such a nice place to go to.

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a perfectly delightful place to visit. A sweet pea maze, I have never thought about using sweet peas for a maze, but oh how fragrant and vibrant. I just love fairy gardens and hope to add to mine this summer. Thank you for taking us along, how I would like to visit in person. Hugs to you and Maulie, Julie.

Kim said...

Oh I love that. All the sweet little details. And butterflies and a Believe stone! Thanks for letting me visit it virtually, since any hopes of Fairy Gardens around here are a few months away.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, It's in the 80's and I just got back from the grocery store. I am going to plant my berry bush tomorrow!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

How sweet! I just love the fairie gardens. Can I come for a visit...lol?
The sweet pea is so pretty. Is that honeysuckle covering the arbor? We are getting ready for spring flowers but it is sunny and 30's today. At least the wind has quieted so it doesn't seem as cold.
Hugs from Ohio :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

I don't think that was honeysuckle.
I wasn't sure what it was. I'll find out next time I am there. Today I am finally planting my berry plant. LOl ,Cheri