Sunday, March 18, 2012

Misty weekend in Southern California

My constant companions they follow me where ever I go
Maulie and Morris are such funny pals.



Maulie and Morris watched me last weekend plant the berry bush in the back yard
I like shingles on chicken coops on neighbors roofs on sides of houses on dollhouses but not on me.

 O.K I admit it they are painful. At first they were annoying but now they’re down right a pain. Since I have about as much energy as a slow moving turtle I haven’t done much of anything. I did plant my lone berry bush before it started feeling like a bad burn. I started working on an old quilt I had been making adding some more wool rabbits on the purple crazy quilt.

I was using what ever I had to hold the quilt in place while taking the picture


This is a quilt class I took years ago
It's a JoAnn Mullaly pattern
I added some more rabbits


I have been reading as many How to make socks books in a sad attempt to be ready for Sock Camp.
Today is a super rainy day I love it the mist is in the trees and the fog is rolling in .

                                                           My berry Bush last weekend I planted it


                                   This is the weather were having this weekend in Sunny California 
 
                                               I made the camera zoom to show how misty it is
                                                                        This weekend
 
 
                                                                    last weekend

7 comments:

Kim said...

I hope you start to feel better soon. Shingles are not fun. That is a very heavy mist you have there. Almost looks a bit spooky.

Julia said...

I'm so sorry about your painful shingles. You have been in so much stress lately that I can see why you got them. I hope that you will soon be better for your get away with your daughter.

I'm sure that your berry bush will thrive well.

Wishing you speedy recovery. Hugs & prayers. JB

Julia said...

forgot to mention that your bunny quilt looks fantastic. I love the Velveteen Rabbit and the quote. Lovely. Hug. JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Sorry to hear about your shingles. I've had them, a mild case, and they are no fun and seem to last forever! Hope you heal quickly!
Great pics.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, I feel so unproductive but they seem to be getting better.
I loved the Velveteen Rabbit book and when JoAnn had it in the quilt I had to take the class. I love when it's foggy up here but I don't like driving up the hill in it. Hugs Cheri

Bee Lady said...

Cheri,

Take care of yourself. Shingles can last a long time and be very painful.

I am still getting caught up on blogs. I love your fairy garden pics. I have a fairy garden every year. Either in the yard or in a pot. It's so fun. I even took my nieces to fairy days one time at an herb farm. I think I'll have to see when that's going to be this year and have a return visit!

That quilt is adorable. I would never have thought to stick sayings and such on a quilt. I love it.

Tried to get our library to order Larkrise to Candleford. Turned me down :-(
Get well,
Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cindy Bee I am just so tired. I have to get caught up on everyones blogs too!Hugs Cheri