Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Big Red Barn Country Folk Art Spring Garden Faire



The Big Red Barn is a fun Country Folk art craft show in Escondido California. Thursday Linda and I went
up to see what was there waiting for us to purchase. After a stop for lunch in the best sandwich shop in Poway the next stop was Escondido and the Red Barn. It was such a relaxing day!

                                             The next show is September 20-22,2012
                                        
                    There were alot of vendors inside but I just took pictures of the outside of the barn.

                                                                      Going up to the barn

                                                    I love birdhouses and they had  good prices

                                                         What friendly chickens


                                                                    Can you tell I like birdhouses


                                                                     A flag bench

                                                                      I especially liked the big birdhouses

              Inside the barn there were lots of primitive dolls,quilts,garden items and even some rug hooking.

                                                                                         Birdhouse


                                                  A glimpse of their home

                                                                    California poppies

                                                               Chickens having a nice day

                                                              I loved this birdhouse

                                                I just had to include baby Jack going to Disneyland
                                                      Aunt Jane is holding him

15 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love birdhouses too. There were lots of cute ones there. Did you buy any??
Oh wow, Jack is getting big! Cute as a bug :)

Nancy in MT said...

I love those bird houses.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim and Nancy, I love birdhouses too. Linda bought one but I am saving for sock camp yarn.HUgs Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
What fun! I love all the birdhouses :)
Baby Jack is just too darned cute.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren,I am glad you liked the birdhouses.I thought they were fun to look at.Hugs Cheri

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Loving all of those birdhouses. But, then I get to baby Jack....awwww! He's a charmer, for sure!
Hugs,
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, That picture of baby Jack made me smile. Lol Cheri

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Hey now, I did NOT know about this event. Wish we were here in September so I could attend. Maybe next spring?

This looked like a bird lover's paradise.

Joys to you,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Sharon,It was fun! They have it I think twice a year.I am off to Port Ludlow and Bainbridge island in two weeks.I am hoping to see Bainbridge gardens nursery between sock camp classes. Hugs Cheri

Bee Lady said...

I saw this post the other day and thought I commented...hmmmm...anyway...this looks like a lot of fun. I love all those birdhouses.

Cindy Bee

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, it will be nice for you to get away at the Sock Camp, less than a week away.

I love bird houses too but I don't have any. The craft people sells them quite expensive at the market. I may just cave in and buy one this year or ask for one for Christmas, that, an idea.

I'm glad that your case of Shingle all better. I'm not surprised that you just wanted to do nothing and stay home. You have been under such stress.

Hugs, JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, Such a good blogger friends! I loved your pictures and hopefully I'll have lots of pictures from sock camp. One week to go!Hugs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

But did you come home with a birdhouse? They were all wonderful, I would have had a difficult time choosing. Love Mr. Jack's baby blue eyes!

Larkrise garden girl said...

No birdhouse because all my money is needed to spend for yarn for sock camp! but my friend got one.

Pom Pom said...

What a pretty part of California!
When we lived in the Pacific Northwest we saw LOTS of birdhouses. I have one bird church.
Baby Jack is adorable!