Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's your distractions while Rug Hooking?

                                                                   My distraction



Now I know I am not the only one who is distracted while hooking. First of all I have the greatest intentions of hooking. I am hooking away on my rug either on the couch or my bed when Maulie decides that she has had enough. Last night I was sitting on my bed when she came over and put her paw and her shitzu body on my rug . I had to laugh at her but I still needed to keep working. Have you ever tried to pet a dogs belly and hook at the same time? Nothing gets done! So I had to stop give her some attention and yell to hubby to play with Maulie. It’s the same with the computer when she has had enough she will start to beg and want to sit on my lap. Here is how my Pray for Moo Cow rug is progressing even with my Maulie distractions.

 
 
                                            My rug in progress
 
 
                                                             yes, that's morning glories
                                                             under my buckets.
 
 
                                             What's growing in my garden
 
 
                                                       a blanket of petals
 
                                                 Maulie and I are in the
                                wild back yard looking for
                                our berry patch location
 
 
 
 
                                                    Under those weeds is where I want to
                                                     plant my berry patch it's
                                                    where my old chicken coop was.
                                                          
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                                  Geranium patch in my wild back yard
 
 
                                           My lavatera continues to grow

17 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I love your rug I would be distracted by your sweet little dog also. your flowers are lovely we are waiting for a snow storm tomorrw 6-8 inches.
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Yikes Cathy,Stay warm!

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

Just look at all the beautiful blooms.
Your rug is progressing nicely... even with the interruptions.
I know exactly what you mean Maddie is the same way!
Enjoy the weekend.
Susan x

Julia said...

Oh Cheri, I'm all oooohs and aaaah about your beautiful flowers already.I love those beautiful white ones. It will be a long time before I have Geraniums as I'm trying to root some seeds.

The snow is still covering the ground and it's raining now but we too are supposed to gets some snow.

Maulie needs some attention poor little thing...
I used to knit with Mitzy my miniature poodle and she wanted to have her belly rubbed a lot so I used my foot to rub her belly while I worked away. When I had to concentrate, of course it wasn't working so great.

I'm looking forward to seeing your berry patch.
Hugs. JB

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I, too, envy your beautiful flowers and gardens. I've been blessed this week rug hooking. My doggie is old and just wants to nuzzle under my knees. My kitty does like to hide under the hoop...but once you pick it up, she scrams! I started a new rug today. I'm totally winging it. We'll see how it comes out.
We're getting snow tomorrow too! But, my hubby is home, so it's good!
Hugs,
Courtney

Kim said...

It is so hard to focus when a sweet furry face is demanding attention. Its a common affliction at this house too.

Larkrise garden girl said...

I can tell all my blogger friends are animal lovers too. Keep warm everybody and happy hooking, Hugs Cheri

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

Lovely rug and lovely garden. We're a long way from flowers here! Sarah

Saundra said...

I would love to sit in your garden and hook the day away.

Maulie and my boy Ben certainly are distracting. Ben is so insistant that he will go get his toy and stick his huge Rottweiler head and toy in mouth up in my face. He won't stop until I get up and play toss with him. But ya gotta luv'em.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Sarah. In San Diego county we have a mild climate.I hope you have an early spring, Cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Ben sounds so cute . I just love our pets, Hugs Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Your rug is coming along quite nicely, distractions and all. Maulie has the sweetest little face, who could resist. A yard in bloom? We here in Maine are still in the deep freeze, I dare not even think about gardening. I have just finished watching the first DVD, Larkrise to Candleford patiently waiting for the second DVD to arrive. Please tell me what is up with Dorcas and Sir Timothy? Blessings, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, Well Dorcas and Timothy grew up together but Dorcus never married him because she felt that they were in two different classes of people. More will be revealed as you watch the series.Hugs Cheri

Bee Lady said...

Oh all those flowers, I can't wait! We are in winter here, but it's been a mild winter, so that's good. Last year was awful! At least your distraction is a cutiepie!

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

HI Cindy bee today were getting ready for a winter storm.Keep warm!

Delisa said...

Hi Cheri, you have such a beautiful garden! The pictures are wonderful. You are making such great progress on your rug. I think my happiest distractions when I am knitting are my husband and playful golden retriever, but the distraction I dislike the most is the phone. It seems like no matter when I sit down and just get interested in my work it starts ringing! If it was a friend or loved one it would be different but usually it is only a telemarketer, or an "unknown name and unknown number." Have a wonderful monday afternoon! Delisa :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Delisa, Oh telemarketers are a pain. I am glad you like my garden. I just got back from a nursery and got a wonderful plant!
hugs Cheri