Sunday, February 19, 2012

What swirls in my head

What a beautiful day Saturday was I picked up my book called The Assassins Accomplice about Mary Surratt and the plot to kill Abraham Lincoln at the Crest library.Can you tell that I love history! After that I drove down the long hill to the local nursery and got some more milkweed plants for butterfly's.I love this little nursery they have a chocolate lab that greets you as he always saunters up to you with his happy lab face.I came home with my plants and I proceeded to weed and move stuff around my garden since the ground was still moist from a recent rain.  I always change my plans in my garden on how it’s evolving. I had my ipod on as I listened to this interesting pod cast on living and hiking around Scotland. I love story telling! I had such a peaceful day.



Dreams tell you a lot about yourself and last night my dreams were of blueberries and raspberries. I dreamt I was putting in a berry patch. I know nothing about gardening berry bushes. But I had been at the nursery and saw these wooden branch things in a tub of what looked like sawdust that were berry bushes on Saturday. It's funny it must have stuck in my head. When we lived in Wyoming I remember picking I think it was poke berries for jam.


I think if you put in a berry patch you better be sure where your sticking it so I am going to explore more about berry gardening.
Have a peaceful Sunday

6 comments:

Saundra said...

I love blueberries and had high hopes of having fresh produce here in my backyard. Unfortunately it is too acidic and not a good environment for them and both bushes died.

Funny how dreams happen from a thought or desire. Sometimes even worries are decided by dreams. That is where the term, "let me sleep on it" comes in. When we have a decision and go to bed sometimes our minds figure out what is right during our sleeping process.

And, I love seeing your garden so hope you keep posting pictures.

Saundra

Julia said...

Oh I'm all for the berry patch. I love eating them right off the bushes. I sounds like a wonderful dream to me. JB

Kathy Phillips said...

Cheri,

I am so glad your daughter is safe home now! It is great to see a picture of your beautiful grandson, Jack. He is adorable. I also enjoy seeing the berries - they are making me hungry. Do you grow them? I thought of a movie you might enjoy - It is called "The Magic of Ordinary Days" They sometimes show it on the Hallmark channel. It is very heartwarming, and one of my favorites. I think you would really like it!

Kathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kathy, I love hallmark movies.I'll look for it at the library. I never grew berries but I want to try this year.HUgs Cheri

Delisa said...

Hi Cheri! I love your berry pictures. I love blue berries and black berries too. When I lived in California we would often have boysenberries. They are my most favorite. I haven't seen any since coming to Georgia. I think I am going to have to go make a piece of toast with black berry preserves! You made me hungry. :) Have a restful evening! Delisa :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Delisa, I am going to search out where I want to put my berry patch in my back yard today!Cheri