Thursday, February 9, 2012

Watching grass grow

                                                                Maulie on patrol



Moo!

Yesterday was a good day. I left my daughter with a feeling of turning a new page. Hanging around all day at a physical rehabilitation center can be interesting as well as heart wrenching. I am learning about so many disabilities people face and how it’s like watching grass grow one improvement at a time. I met a young woman in the library where I had gone for a little break who had a brain injury. She was a long distance cyclist who had been hit by a car then thrown into another car. She used a walker and told me how she had been in the facility for three months and now she is an outpatient. She explained to me about her brain injuries and how sounds affect her in a negative way. Cerebral auditory processing tests help the doctors find ways to help the brain process sounds better since the brain isn't processing sounds normally.The young woman was so inspiring!
  The good part yesterday was my daughter wanted to go to the gift shop. So its only a hallway away so since I was there I followed her in the walker and she shopped  for baby and I had to laugh that’s a good sign. I was so very proud of Megan yesterday she climbed to the top of the stairway with a help of a cane. Every day you have to improve in physical therapy and insurance companies.The top of the  stairs were the goal of this weeks physical therapy.Those steps were like walking a mile to her! I was always proud of my daughters education and how hard she worked but this was so much sweeter.
Last night was Jacks turn spending the night with Megan so chicken me was alone with Maulie and Morris. I am not sure what was going outside in the yard but I kept hearing things falling over. There must have been an animal of some kind in the yard but I wasn’t going to investigate. Well as I sit here drinking my one cup of coffee I look out my window and think boy I need to find my clippers and cut back my roses. I should have cut them back in January. Hugs and keep us in your prayers my blogger friends. This week the grass was growing better then last week, Cheri
                                                      How my garden is doing in February



                                            I am going to make queen size comforter for our bed
                                              I keep adding blues and browns to my collection
                                            

12 comments:

Kim said...

Cheri, I'm so glad Megan is doing better. And you sound brighter too. The clouds are clearing and the grass is growing.

acorn hollow said...

the prayers on blogging are so amazing powerful I will keep megan in my prayers.
lovely colors for your comforter.
Cathy

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Good to hear of Megan's progress. Thinking of you both!!
Love the blues and browns!
Hugs,
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Love all my blogger friends, You lift my spirits! Cheri

Julia said...

Cheri, it's nice to hear of Megan's progress and of your positive attitude. As a mother it must be absolutely painful to see your own daughter struggling for what we take for granted.

I can only imagine how helpless you must feel about this. Thank goodness for faith. There's always hope that they will find a cure.

It will be a long time before our grass grows so no need to clip anything yet here.

Your blues and browns have lots of possibilities for a great quilt.

Sending prayers and cyber hugs. JB

Saundra said...

Oh but I wish that I could be there with you during the waiting period. Great that she is doing better and you just keep motivating her.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra and Julia,Thanks for the good thoughts and cyber hugs, Hugs back Cheri

annie said...

happy she is improving, what a blessing! your garden is lovely! I love the colors you picked out!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, I must have missed a post, has your dear daughter been in an accident? If so I do hope she is making progress in her recovery. How strange it is to see grass growing as we are still in the deep freeze. I too love browns and blues together, a lovely comforter it shall be. Sending well wishes from Maine, Julie.

Kathy Phillips said...

Cheri,
I'm so glad your daughter is doing better! I know this is so hard on you. Every time I see a picture of Maulie, I want to hug her! She is adorable. Your garden makes me want to get out in the yard, but it is too cold here - may get snow tomorrow!

Kathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie and friends Megan has MS
It's a yucky disease. I am in my positive mode today as Mom and keeping her spirits up. Hugs to you all , Luv Cheri

Bee Lady said...

I just saw this post. I think it is so important for you to stay positive as much as possible. My MIL, as much as I complain about her, says she likes talking to me because I make her feel better.

I think you heard faeries in your garden! If Maulie could talk, she'd tell you all about them!
Cindy Bee