Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fight like a Honey badger

Well I got a chance today to be back in my world and so I am enjoying this moment to say ahhh! The sun is out my garden is blooming Maulie is Maulie running after Morris and Megan is still like a Honey badger fighting to walk again.


Men handle things so much tougher I am so proud of my hubby he takes turns with her hubby at night so he can take a break and visit their baby. My Jack is a fix it type of guy so as he is spending the night at the physical rehab facility he managed to fix the wheel chair because the break wasn’t working .I had to laugh. The physical rehab nurse said it would have taken them a week to get it done.



In every circumstance your in no matter how bad it is there is humor between the tears. That’s what keeps us going.

I never knew my wool crazy quilt would be the talk of Jack, Megan and Mike .

Apparently there is a u tube video that’s funny about a Honey badger.

A Honey badger is a fierce little creatures that eats all sorts of things and is constantly ripping up and eating stuff and even if it is bitten by a cobra after a couple of minutes jumps up and starts racing around and foraging like crazy. He’s Fierce!

So my family was laughing saying mom should make a Honey badger wool crazy quilt.

Fight like a honey badger!

So after they showed me the video from Megan’s ipad I went home and I put a Honey badger in my wool crazy quilt. I put it below the honey pot and I sent a picture to Megan it made everyone’s day! They were shocked I actually did it. So Megan’s going to fight like a Honey Badger to get back home to her sweet little baby Jack.

I Miss my blogger friends blogs hopefully I’ll get caught up with your lives this weekend. Keep us in your prayers Hugs Cheri

15 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I am praying for your dear daughter to heal and come home to her darling family! I've been behind on my blogging, so I seem to have missed earlier posts. I love the badger thinking! Sometimes we need a talisman to keep us focused!!
Hugs and prayers!!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, Hopefully I can get caught with every ones lives tonight.Thank you for the prayers keep them coming,Hugs Cheri

Kim said...

Oh Cheri, where have I been, I must have missed this. I pray that your daughter gets back on her feet soon. I'm glad you have found a light spot in this through that badger. That kind of attitude can make a big difference.
Hugs, Kim

Sall's Country Life said...

I love your crazy quilt and how funny the story of the honey badger and putting on in your quilt. Families that laugh together stay together, you all sound so sweet and God bless your daughter!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Love you all!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
I am a bit lost, too. What's up with DD? I hope all is well soon.
Hugs :)
Lauren

kelley said...

Adding my prayers for your family and especially your daughter Megan...love that the badger gave you all a good laugh...

Oh that Maulie is a hoot...

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks everyone for prayers. Megan has MS and she is having a really bad episode right now.keep us in your prayers,Megan was in the hospital for six days and now a physical rehab facility. Cheri

Delisa said...

Hi Cheri, so sorry to hear about your daughter's condition. It sounds like she is getting good care there in the rehab unit and that the family is being very supportive and loving. Your husband reminds me of my husband. He was on a business trip years ago and was stuck over the weekend in an old motel in a little town that closed down every night and rolled in the carpets. He got bored and asked the manager if their was anything to fix and he went from room to room fixing all the television sets! :) What a blessing men like that are in times when we need support. I sure hope she feels better soon, your quilt is so beautiful! Have a great day and pet Maulie for me. Delisa :)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I love your crazy quilt..and I hope Megan gets to feeling better quick.;)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Blogger friends, Megan is determined and is making improvements every day seeing her Baby helped alot on Sunday. As a physical therapist said sometimes improvements in walking is like watching grass grow you don't see it all at once but then there it is.

Ter'e said...

Megan is a fighter!!!!! She is THE HONEY BADGER. I had never even heard what one was. LOL.
Keep on fighting......I mean....keep on sewing.......the quilt is a dandy. So adorable.
xoxoxoxoxo

Bee Lady said...

Obviously I'm just now getting caught up too. I think it's great you put that honey badger in the quilt. I know what you mean about missing your blogger friends. I miss mine too. Oftentimes during the day I'll think about one or the other, wondering what I've missed, or what they are doing. Blogging has definitely changed my life. Take care.

Cindy Bee

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
I too have been so behind in my blogging and reading blogs too so I am sending prayers and bright Blessings your way!!! May God give you and your family ALL YOU NEED at this time!!
I never knew what a honey badger was either; I watch American Pickers and always hear Mike and Frank talking about them so when I mentioned it to my daughter, she showed me the video of one!!! OH MY GOSH!!! LOVE the idea for your quilt and was astounded at the tenacity of that amazing animal!! We all need that sheer grit and gumption to look adversity in the face and JUST FACE IT DOWN with God's Help!!
Wishing that for you and your daughter!!
Blessings and Hugs~~
Julie

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks for such warm nice comments everyone it makes me always smile, Cheri