When is a Cow just a cow.........
I am not sure if I am starting to lose it or not but I rug hooked away on a cow for hours trying to get the look just right.
I could have milked a cow quicker then I was at finding the right colors until I just looked on line at images of Cows and went back to nature the best artist .I had brought out a rug after Christmas to just finish it. I had been trying to design a rug with a primitive look last year.That was a good idea to just put it away because now I am starting to love it all over again.I can't draw so I just use my old patterns from quilting and just mix it up til I get the look I wanted. I love simplicity and animals and folk art so I want to make rugs that reflect that .I had made the Cow an interesting color but it just wasn’t working. So I ripped out the color and laid it on the floor and just kept staring and staring at it. So here is how my little cow turned out.
My new name this week is rip and redo. Lol.
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- Baby Jack's quilt
- Pray for Moo Cow primitive rug
- Time to clean up the garden in California
- Hit and miss of the Point Loma Lighthouse in San D...
- Rughooker visits Cabrillo National Monument and th...
- Rug Hooking Tuesday at Country Loft
- More Point Loma Tide pool pictures Part two
- Point Loma Tide pools in San Diego California
- Playing around with my new camera
- Rug hooking a Primitive Cow
- Gansey Sweaters in the Night
- ▼ January (11)
- ► 2011 (165)
Powered by Blogger.