Sunday, January 8, 2012

Point Loma Tide pools in San Diego California

                                                      Welcome to the Point Loma Tide pools


                                                                      .

Sunday was a whale watching festival at Cabrillo National Monument and since it  has been quite a few years since I have seen the Tide pools and the Point Loma Lighthouse it was time to check it out.  Hubby and I hopped in the Suv and drove to Cabrillo National Monument and hoped to catch low tides at the Tide pools. I am having so much fun with my camera!! I tried different types of shots and nature definitely has the best color choices.It was a beautiful Sunday in January as I took a crazy amount of pictures but these are some of the pictures of what I saw today. The Point Loma Lighthouse pictures will be later in the week.



 


  


                                                                          lobster shell






















What a lovely day


6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm starting to get caught up with my blogging buddies. I remember the fun of playing with a new camera. Your photos turned out amazing.
And it won't be long before you start searching to add fun new lenses etc. Its addictive!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I too am going to sit down this morning and catch up with everyone. It was such a nice day yesterday. My camera is a point and shoot Canon so I am not even sure if I can get closer lenses. I took a great picture of the Lighthouse stairway,HUgs Cheri

Julia said...

Wow Cheri, great photography with your new camera. Looking forward to more great photos. I wish that I would go out to take nature photos but it will have to wait till the weather warms up. I just don't like the COLD... Hugs. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, That sea gull was so funny he kept following me. Cheri

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Cheri, I love this new camera and love the photos you took..you can see all the wonderful details crisp and clear..have fun with that new thing and have a wonderful week;)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks for the nice words I do love this camera better it's lightweight and so easy to use.Cheri