Many nights of rug hooking as I dash to finish my rug.
I never thought I would be up so late hooking away until one in the morning. I am so tired but content that I can finish it before Christmas Eve. Tonight I am hoping to finish it and be able to bind it by Friday. I fell asleep finally on the easy boy and woke up at five in the morning with this horrible scream sound ringing in my ears . Once again I heard that bloodcurdling sound. It sounded like it was right in front of my house and it’s a weird noise like a neighing horse but high pitched. It is so strange a sound I don’t know if it’s a coyote. I have heard a bunch of them but this is just a solitary sound. Any ideas?
I am on the final week of finishing my sheep for a Christmas present. it’s going to be hard to give away. I have stared at this sheep it just shocks me how well it's turning out. I love it! You can see by my progress how I ripped out colors and changed the berries. I was so unsure of the colors I was using in the background. My daughter I know likes lighter colors so I made it how I thought she would like it.
The best gifts are ones you wish you could keep. This little sheep is going to a knitter spinners home so I know Megan will like it. This is the first time I have signed my hooked rug hopefully a hundred years from now my little rug will be held by someone and they will appreciate it just as much as I love it.
The final push to finish tonight!
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Morris and Maulie today
- There is still a little bit of Santa left in Janet...
- A Baby's first Christmas
- Dorothy the Lady Woodcarver a Christmas Tale
- Whew! I'm done hooking
- update! My Rug hooking countdown of my sheep
- My Primitive Southern California Christmas part tw...
- My Primitive Southern California Christmas part on...
- My ghosts of Christmas Eve past
- Christmas Stockings Traditions
- Santa's,Snowmen and Hobo Quilters
- Getting my Ho Ho Ho back
- December and it's flying by!
- ▼ December (13)
Powered by Blogger.