Monday, December 19, 2011

update! My Rug hooking countdown of my sheep

Many nights of rug hooking as I dash to finish my rug.


I never thought I would be up so late hooking away until one in the morning. I am so tired but content that I can finish it before Christmas Eve. Tonight I am hoping to finish it and be able to bind it by Friday. I fell asleep finally on the easy boy and woke up at five in the morning with this horrible scream sound ringing in my ears . Once again I heard that bloodcurdling sound. It sounded like it was right in front of my house and it’s a weird noise like a neighing horse but high pitched. It is so strange a sound I don’t know if it’s a coyote. I have heard a bunch of them but this is just a solitary sound. Any ideas?

I am on the final week of finishing my sheep for a Christmas present. it’s going to be hard to give away. I have stared at this sheep it just shocks me how well it's turning out. I love it! You can see by my progress how I ripped out colors and changed the berries. I was so unsure of the colors I was using in the background.  My daughter I know likes lighter colors so I made it how I thought she would like it.
                         Monday nights hooking I finished last night, I think I can finish the hooking
                                                                  tonight.


 The best gifts are ones you wish you could keep. This little sheep is going to a knitter spinners home so I know Megan will like it. This is the first time I have signed my hooked rug  hopefully a hundred years from now my little rug will be held by someone and  they will appreciate it just as much as I love it.

                                                                    
The final push to finish tonight!
                                              The berries weren't working so I redid them
 
                                                                      Better berries

11 comments:

Julia said...

Bless your heart, Cheri, falling asleep in the Lazy-Boy chair. Your sheep rug is looking spectacular and you are just slaving over it to get it finished for Christmas giving to your daughter. What a great present it will make. I think that you should make one just for you.

Now I'm waiting for a photo of the finish rug.
Hugs, JB

Bee Lady said...

Someone is very lucky to be getting such a heartfelt and beautiful gift. i can't imagine what you've been hearing...coyotes....wolves...don't know....lockness monster....Santa...

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am pooped. I slept horrible last night and maybe that was Santa exhausted from trying to get everything done. back to hooking...

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Your rug looks wonderful. What a great gift. I am desperately trying to finish two smallish mats ~ and one must be mailed ~ and the other one should have been done already since yesterday was the gift exchange. A day late and a dollar short as always :)
Oh, Cheri, always sign and date your rugs!!!
Merry Christmas.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Saundra said...

I am sure she will love her gift, I know I would. You still have a couple days left and guess you'll be more than a 10-minute hooker each day now. Can't wait to see it finished ~ I'm sure you can't either ;~) Please share a picture with us when it is done.

Saundra

Joanne said...

You can do it - it looks great and you are almost there! Lucky person!

annie said...

I love your sheep, it's wonderful. It's no fun sleeping in a reclined, boy that just hurts my legs & back. I'm wondering a bobcat or mountain panther? I'd make sure not to leave any garbage or food out, that might draw them to you. My Sweetie always tells his Boy Scouts to keep a clean camp, so nothing wants to come by and visit at night.

Quiltdolls said...

looks great. hope you have a great holiday. see you at hobo.

kim

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals no weird noises last night which was good. I am so close to finishing the hooking! Tonight my goal finish the hook part. Thursday pick up the binding at Country Loft and friday be done with it, Hugs Cheri

Delisa said...

Hi Cheri, I love your new rug! It is so beautiful, the berries and the blue bird are so cheerful and add such a nice surprise of color! It is a wonderful design. Have a peaceful and restful evening ahead! Delisa :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Delisa,
I just finished the hooking part of it!Yea!!!Cheri