Friday, December 16, 2011

My Primitive Southern California Christmas part two

                                      This is a Cheri Payne pattern I did a couple of years ago.


                                                                    I love my little snowman rug hooking



 My Baby wolf Loom is under those rugs
and tablecloth.
My daughter promised not to look at my blog before
Christmas.
I am working away on the Sheep for Christmas for my Megan
                                                                                                                                                                            
 
                                                               Looking in thru the kitchen

                                                I used a old shutter to hide all my dollhouse boxes
                                                full of furniture.
                                                I am hoping hubby will wire more lights in my dollhouse!
                                                I have a quilt I am finishing the sides to so I will then lay
                                                 it across the shutters.
     




 Jack made the log cabin

Jack made the Dollhouse for me when we first got married 

                                                               My snowman rughooking


                                                Those two dolls on each side of the little black doll
                                                  I made from a JoAnn class I took.

                                                                      Little trees                                         
                                           I enjoyed putting these dolls near my tree just to
                                           remind me of the child like Christmas in all of us.
                                              Merry Christmas to all my Blogger friends

16 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Just wonderful
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

It's just a little house but I like that we both like to make things and that's what makes it primitive to me.

Julia said...

Wow Cheri, your house is just so warm and charming. It looks just like I'm looking at a prim magazine. I really would like to see it all in person. You are very talented. Everything is so festive and inviting. Thanks for the tour of your beautiful house. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, Thank you it's a little house 80 years old. It was originally a cabin. Did you notice my sheep. I have been working away on it.Cheri

Julia said...

Oops, I think that I lost my comment. Yes Cheri, I saw your beautiful sheep rug but there was so much to look at that I kind of forgot to comment on it. I'm sure that your daughter will love it a bunch. I'm sure that you'll finish it on time for Christmas. I love the pig rug too. It looks big. Take care , Hugs. JB

Kim said...

Everything looks so lovely Cheri. I especially love that cow on top of the cupboard. When I was little I had a cow toy that walked and moo-ed. It was my favorite toy!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I bought the cow about 10 years ago or more in Julian a darling Mountain town an hour from here.I worked away on my rug hooking sheep It's getting there.Cheri

Delisa said...

Hi Cheri, everything looks so beautiful! You have made so many wonderful things. I have always wanted to make rag dolls. It is something that is on my list for the coming year. Your quilts and weaving are so beautifully done. Have a lovely weekend ahead and thanks for sharing all the great pictures! Delisa :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am so glad you liked my Christmas
decorations. It's fun to work on projects year round. Cheri

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
I enjoyed "part 2" as well! I really love the shelf with the sheep mold and the creamer/sugar...I love finding those for making my pincushions!
Your log house and doll house, and another I can see on top of a cupboard are wonderful! I have a lighted house made by a local artist and it is so fun to decorate with!
Your quilt looks great and I think your daughter will LOVE IT!!
All the little touches with the dollies really are sweet too!
Thanks again for the sweet pictures!
Merry Christmas~~
Julie

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie I am glad you liked my Southern California Christmas.Merry Christmas!

OLD CROW FARM said...

Love your home...Esp. your quilts & rugs! I too am a rug hooker, hooking away the long cold winter on the Kansas prairie. Thanks for the wonderful tour. Hugs, Sher

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Sher, I am glad you liked it. I love to rug hook and today I am busy making a quilt for my grandbaby plus I have to get the sheep rug hooking by Christmas. Need I say Christmas is a week away! Yikes. Merry Christmas Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Everything looks wonderful. I especially like your snowman rug and I LOVE the log cabin Jack made. How special.
Merry Christmas!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, I too Love the log cabin Jack made me.I have been working away on the sheep rug hooking. I am getting there. It has to be done by Christmas Eve.oy vay! Hugs Cheri

Bee Lady said...

I like that snowman rug, among other things.

Cindy Bee