Friday, December 16, 2011

My Primitive Southern California Christmas part one

                 Christmas time and I have been busy working away on projects.
                                     I hope you enjoy my Southern California Christmas

                                   So many things like the snowman and tree was made by friends

                                                                    A quilt I made



 My Christmas Angel I hooked



Today is a  Super gusty cold day.The wind is fierce and I need to close my garden umbrella before it breaks.The wind is actually howling and branches are falling all over the place.We don't get snow where I live at Christmas time in San Diego County but if were lucky it gets colder.We have Santa Ana winds going on today but it's a cold Santa Ana Brrr!  I am still arranging my Christmas
decorations so if you check later this afternoon I will be adding more
pictures as I finish decorating.

12 comments:

Ter'e said...

Your home is just lovely! I love the quilt you made and I also love the manger scene. So sweet. Your Christmas Angel is precious as well.

I miss my mom. I need to make a trip to El Cajon!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Ter'e I am still decorating away. It's small but I love it.Thanks for comments.More pictures this afternoon.

acorn hollow said...

so nice what a great collection of things.
Cathy

Gayle said...

Thanks for the pictures - I enjoyed visiting!

Saundra said...

Oh my, I'm definitely going to visit this posting more than once. I love all the pictures, love your very primitive snowman hooked piece and really have my eye on that wonderful pig rug hanging. Now I want to hook a pig!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra, The pig was made by an Amish lady years ago. That's what got me interested in Rug Hooking.

Julia said...

I'm reading these blog post backward. Everything looks so nice. Thanks for the tour. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I posted one this morning and posted the second one this afternoon.

Julia said...

Yes Cheri, I did noticed your sheep rug. There was so much stuff to take in that I missed commenting on it. You have lots done on it. I'm betting that you'll have it finished before Christmas. Your daughter will love it for sure. Hugs. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I am doing rug hooking every night and doing sections at a time on the sheep. Every night I work til 10 on it. The background has been the biggest challenge. I started on this just a couple months ago from a printed monks cloth pattern I had in my drawer.Cheri

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Cheri,
I just took a "tour" and enjoyed all your photos so much! I love your use of all your handmades..makes a home so warm and friendly! I love your hooked rugs too and hope to someday learn this amazing craft!
Thanks for sharing and for also for your sweet comment on my blog!
Oh, and I lived in El Cajon for several years and loved it! Do you live near there?
Many Blessings~~

Julie

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, I grew up in La Mesa all my Life and have lived in Crest for about 20 years in an old house that originally was a small cabin. Minus the two years in real estate heck in La Mesa.But I am back to Larkrise and Chickens in the Spring.Merry Christmas