Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Getting my Ho Ho Ho back

 Christmas Memories of Childhood

For some reason we all want Christmas season to live up to the happy memories of our childhood. I too have been feeling a little of the gasp holiday blues! I wish for things that can’t be in a pretty wrapped box with a bow on it. For some reason I want there not to be sad stories on the T.V news at night no lost dogs and kids and a million sad things. Not to feel the sting of illness or being a grownup and wishing I was that little girl so optimistic back then. One month to be filled with smiles and happiness and the hope of that little baby in the Manger. Here is my silly past Christmas story to share or

A lesson learned at Christmas

Once upon a time I grew up in a family with four brothers and a bunch of pets and every year since there were so many of us we would get a bag full of used toys and clothes and we were really happy with that. Now you are going to hear how devious I was as a kid . My parents would always put the presents up in the closet so we couldn’t get to them. One year they were in another closet which I could reach with a stool. Well you guessed it was too much temptation! My folks must have had a good year because as I stood on the stool and stared at a bounty of Barbie doll outfits in brand new never opened boxes I was so excited. My eyes and smile would have lit up a Christmas tree lot! What I didn’t realize was that my father was right behind me. So as I enjoyed the moment

Which was oh so fleeting.!I had a new lecture on how it ruins Christmas if you know what your getting! Well that Christmas the treasure trove of Barbie clothes were minus most of them but I learned never to look where I am not suppose to. Lol
But it was funny I was so excited and then the agony of being caught. I doubt I am not the only one with a funny holiday story as a child.

8 comments:

Kim said...

LOL Oh you bad little bugger! I accidentally (really) stumbled on to a hiding place as a teenager and didn't even notice. Having to reach into the spider invested crawl space of the attic - I wasn't interested in snooping, just grabbing the christmas ornament box as fast as I could. Apparently my big surprise present was about a foot to my right. Didn't even see it.

Saundra said...

OMG,maybe what I did was more common than I thought. I found my gifts hidden in the corner behind a dresser and maticulously unwrapped and re-wrapped them so no one would be the wiser. And, my parents never did find out. However, the lesson was one learned myself as it was no surprise on Christmas day and I had to fake my surprise.

So to this day I can have a gift sit in front of me and I will not open it until I am supposed to.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Saundra, I guess we only learn it once. LOl

Larkrise garden girl said...

Kim at least you got all your gifts.Lol

Julia said...

I had a good chuckle at your expense. lol. Lessons learned at an early age seems to stay for life. I enjoyed your post very much Cheri. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I just got back from Hobo quilt class and another lady got her quilt done. I hope the calves are doing fine! Hugs Cheri

Bee Lady said...

I remember as a little girl I saw a "big" doll on the top shelf in my Mom and Dad's closet. When I went back to show Mom, it was gone! I kept telling her "it was there, I saw it, it was there." Apparently, she talked me into not seeing a doll, and I don't even remember if I got it for Christmas! It's really not our fault Cheri, parents need to pick better hiding places!

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Oh Cindy my parents were hiding the presents lol I was just so curious to see what I was getting. lol