Christmas Memories of Childhood
For some reason we all want Christmas season to live up to the happy memories of our childhood. I too have been feeling a little of the gasp holiday blues! I wish for things that can’t be in a pretty wrapped box with a bow on it. For some reason I want there not to be sad stories on the T.V news at night no lost dogs and kids and a million sad things. Not to feel the sting of illness or being a grownup and wishing I was that little girl so optimistic back then. One month to be filled with smiles and happiness and the hope of that little baby in the Manger. Here is my silly past Christmas story to share or
A lesson learned at Christmas
Once upon a time I grew up in a family with four brothers and a bunch of pets and every year since there were so many of us we would get a bag full of used toys and clothes and we were really happy with that. Now you are going to hear how devious I was as a kid . My parents would always put the presents up in the closet so we couldn’t get to them. One year they were in another closet which I could reach with a stool. Well you guessed it was too much temptation! My folks must have had a good year because as I stood on the stool and stared at a bounty of Barbie doll outfits in brand new never opened boxes I was so excited. My eyes and smile would have lit up a Christmas tree lot! What I didn’t realize was that my father was right behind me. So as I enjoyed the moment
Which was oh so fleeting.!I had a new lecture on how it ruins Christmas if you know what your getting! Well that Christmas the treasure trove of Barbie clothes were minus most of them but I learned never to look where I am not suppose to. Lol
But it was funny I was so excited and then the agony of being caught. I doubt I am not the only one with a funny holiday story as a child.
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Morris and Maulie today
- There is still a little bit of Santa left in Janet...
- A Baby's first Christmas
- Dorothy the Lady Woodcarver a Christmas Tale
- Whew! I'm done hooking
- update! My Rug hooking countdown of my sheep
- My Primitive Southern California Christmas part tw...
- My Primitive Southern California Christmas part on...
- My ghosts of Christmas Eve past
- Christmas Stockings Traditions
- Santa's,Snowmen and Hobo Quilters
- Getting my Ho Ho Ho back
- December and it's flying by!
- ▼ December (13)
Powered by Blogger.