Monday, December 5, 2011

December and it's flying by!

Is it just me or is this month of December filled with deadlines?



 
I found on my computer this old picture of a Cheri Payne Quilt that was at Country Loft
years ago.
Isn't it cute!
I have been scrambling to get things done before Christmas and I have not even put up any of my usual Christmas decorations yet. I have a little garden railroad that I have rediscovered in my yard. So every day I have been cleaning off the buildings and deciding which one gets painted first. That is my fun hours Maulie outside and me back in a little world of miniatures. This week I am going to repaint some of the buildings and I will share with you the world of garden railroading.


My garden railroad when the farmhouse building was new


Last night I watched Lost in Austen . This movie is so funny if you love Jane Austen like I do you will laugh at the thought of traveling back in time and meeting Darcy and the Bennett family from Pride and Prejudice. Colin Firth is the best Darcy but this was a funny movie.I checked it out from the local library.



Jack  loves this contraption
  Today was a trip to visit my daughter it was her birthday last week so we had a belated birthday. Aunt Jane cooked a wonderful meal and made a carrot cake which was better then any carrot cake I have ever had. There is nothing like two grandma’s holding a baby and just be amazed by this little sweet creature. I wonder what he will be like as he grows up? I hope he grows up to love books and to be a kind soul.

Megan really had a nice birthday her mother in law gave her books on drawing (she is an art teacher) and I gave her Martha Stewart supplies. Plus her hubby gave her an Ipad Now where have I been that is the coolest computer gadget I have ever seen. I love the feel of books when you read but this Ipad was the best thing since sliced bread. Well it’s late it was a long drive home. More pictures this week Here are some random pictures that Michele sent me of the Fallbrook quilt show a couple weeks ago.




                                                    A couple quilts from the Fallbrook quilt show

8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

railroad gardening that sounds interesting. The quilts are beautiful. That baby will keep entertained for sure in that thing. My daughter also has an Ipad. Pretty intersting but I am not much of a gadget person.
Cathy

Kim said...

I had to giggle at Jack's photo. He looks so proud of himself, sitting up there in his own special vehicle. It looks like he is thinking "Where is 2nd gear?" LOL Beautiful quilt and I would love to see more of this garden railroad. NEAT!

Julia said...

Wow, you have great post and lovely, lovely quilts to look at. Baby Jack is sure growing fast and he looks so cute in that contraption.

Having two grandmother to hold that handsome boy must demand some negotiation. lol. He's so cute. Nothing like holding a grand-baby.


have a great week. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals,This week I have hobo quilt night and I am finishing the Baby stocking and painting my garden railroad buildings.I am on a roll. Lol The ipad was so interesting. I like the idea of having a lightweight tablet that magnifies.Megan had her books on it and she had all sorts of interesting things on it,Hugs Cheri

Susan McShannon-Monteith said...

What a beautiful smile on that baby boy.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods..
I have started a new blog at Lingling & Lulu. (had to give the cats equal time)Come visit when you have a chance.
Susan x

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Susan, I sure missed your blogging and your photos's hug Cheri

Saundra said...

Love your Cheri Payne quilt a LOT. And I had to take a double-take of the village to realize it was not real... cool beans!!!!

Baby looks mighty happy and after the holidays will be even more happy.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra wait til you see my other buildings.The Cheri Payne quilt was at the Country Loft one year. I luv her patterns. Yep something tells me he is going to be quite happy. Lol