Monday, December 26, 2011

A Baby's first Christmas

                                                              
 My First Christmas Eve
What a quick few days. Christmas Eve we went to spend the night with my only child and her family. We left Morris in the house packed all the presents and Maulie and took the hour and a half drive to her home. It was a nice Christmas Eve with Baby having his first Christmas and the new parents taking pictures like crazy video taping everything that moved. It was so funny. Megan loved my Sheep rug and I loved the new PowerPoint camera that will make it easier for me to take pictures. Thank you Megan and Mike. It was a fun evening and Christmas just as special.


                                                            Santa couldn't make it down the chimney



                                                    This Santa seems familiar







  Oh did I tell you  Jack can crawl only backwards . Lol Jack looks like a stink bug behind in the air and just stuck in reverse. Lol

   little sheep before it got wrapped up



  Jack likes the elephants ear!
                                                        (my rug hooker friend Jane knitted it )

                                                            Sick hubby under the quilt


 Today Hubby has a bad cold and is under a comforter I made. I made hubby's quilt quick for me! I just put cotton squares together and sewed away. Maulie my little shitzu was a great help as I tried to put the right sides of the quilt together she would jump on top of it.It made me laugh when she would do that so I had to put a baby gate to keep her out of the front room. 

                                             
It’s not the best looking quilt but it is comfy next to you and my hubby was so shocked I made something so big and plus it was his first quilt! I wrapped it up in a bigger quilt and told him it was for the baby. He had no clue. I had to laugh he had been grumpy he apologized when he realized the house was looking like a disaster scene because I was busy all day making a queen size quilt in two weeks besides the sheep rug. I think he thought I was constantly going to Christmas get together and that is why everything was falling behind.



 Opening presents was exhausting!
I am proud of myself. Let see what I finished in the last month a queen size quilt, a Baby stocking and a sheep rug. I was so busy that it will be nice to start back to my old projects I was working on and yes I am cleaning my house today and doing laundry and it feels wonderful.
                                                             Love Joy Hope

10 comments:

Kim said...

Cheri, those pics of baby Jack are so sweet. He looks so bright and cheery. But my fav is the one of him sleeping. Cute!
It looks like a wonderful holiday.
P.S. Love the toy train around the tree. My dad always did that.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I loved that pic too! I am glad the holidays are over so much feelings and missing loved ones .I love trains around a tree too.
This was a hard Christmas season for me even with the new little one. I am starting on a new rug tomorrow.I can hardly wait.Hugs Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Baby Jack is just TOO SWEET! How nice you got to spend Christmas eve with at their house!
I had to laugh looking at the tree. There are NO ornaments at the bottom. I remember having trees like that.
I look forward to seeing what your hooking project is going to be. Please share soon.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Jack is cute as pie! I love the giant quilt! But, I really love that sheep rug. I'm planning laundry today--it feels good to get back to normal!!
Happy New Year!
Courtney

Larkrise garden girl said...

It is so nice to get back to normal. Have a great week.Cheri

Julia said...

Wow, you have done a lot in such a short time.

I love Jack's picture sleeping. Just got tired of too much excitement from opening presents.

Your big quilt looks warm and cozy.
Happy New year Cheri. Hugs. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

HI Julia, I am so glad I finished everything. I was down to the wire.I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I am off to take some pics with my new camera of Janets Santa and hook for a couple of hours. HUgs Cheri

Delisa said...

Hi Cheri! Your rug came out so beautifully. I think your husband will cherish his new comfy quilt! Every one needs a blankie. :) The baby is adorable, my friends baby only crawled backwards for awhile too.! I'm so happy to hear you had such a wonderful time. Have a great afternoon and I hope hubby feels better real soon. Delisa :)

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jack is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen, give him a hug for me! Happy New Year, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

What sweet comments from all of my blogger friends. Cheri