Friday, November 25, 2011

The week that was

I am working away like a little elf on my projects. I can’t show what I am working on yet. Wednesday I went to the nursery with Linda and I bought another dwarf pomegranate bush and I also got a dwarf butterfly bush. I still have to plant my chives. We had a nice time at Thanksgiving.

 
Janet's Christmas rug she is working on! 
                                          


Wow look at all those people staring at
me.
  So today I  went off to rug hook with some girlfriends. I am trying to get the right colors on some stems in a rug I am making. The color value is so important and there is never enough of the right colors at home. So frustrating. I may have a green but wrong color value.Janet shared her greens with me for the leaves. I had a happy surprise when I got home. My Turkey rug was the featured rug in Rug Hooking daily. I was so excited! Lol



Last night Hubby heard coyotes out in front so I am going to be sure and insist Morris stay inside at night. I did get some wonderful news on the way to my daughters it's a long drive so Hubby and I have a chance to talk. I  asked if we could get chicks in the spring. There is a story to hubby’s not being in love with chickens it involves a blown out bicep and two surgeries .But I think I am going to get some chicks in the spring . Oh Boy!

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

That baby is sooooo cute! I love the christmas rug also.
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy, Janet has been working on it one hour a day at least.I am working away on a rug thats going to be pretty. Cheri

Kim said...

That's a great christmas rug. Very festive. But the cutest thing is the little dude in the plaid shirt! So sweet.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Janets doing a great job.

Courtney said...

I want chicks in the spring too. Don't know if that will really happen. I'd need a coop and then a way to keep them snug in winter and their water heated so it doesn't turn to a block of ice. But, other people manage it...

Love you friend's rug. I can't wait to see yours!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, When I moved to La Mesa I had to give mine away. (I found good homes)I have a coop and you have to have one for their protection. I only going to get about 6or7. I had twelve last time and I had too many eggs.There is a place in escondido that has a variety of chicks in spring and they sex them so I don't get any roosters.

Saundra said...

Cheri, I love your turkey rug and congratulations for making the cover of RHD!!!!!

Hey, with coyote's about howling I think I'd be staying in and never step foot outside at night.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra,Silly me I was soooo excited there are so many great rugs so I was shocked. It was a Happy surprise afer a fun day of hooking. I am working away on something that I hope to have done by Christmas!

Julia said...

Congratulations Cheri. Sorry I'm late in commenting on blogger It's so nice that your rug was featured on Rug Hooking Daily.

I still visit that site faithfully every day and have made tons of hooking friends on that site. I first started leaving comments on RHD and branched off on Blogger. It's always fun seeing what friends are hooking.

That baby boy sure is growing and looks so handsome in his little plaid shirt.

Now it's on to Christmas. I'm so not ready to start shopping. Have a delightful week. Hurry up and plant your trees. The word verification says dight

I love that Christmas rug. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I spent all day taking ice plant off my fence!I still have part two gardening tomorrow.
Janet is doing a great job hooking. I have been working on my best rug yet.This week I have to have the stocking done by next sunday.So much to do,Cheri
I love your cows.