Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Primitive hooked Turkey



Gobble Gobble Gobble


When I was a little girl I recall taking the bus to school and the route was up and down hills and a round about way to pick up all the kids. Staring out the bus window as we drove by the turkey farm with a mass of turkeys I enjoyed seeing those big boys. Well you can guess it was kind of sad when we would drive by and they were all gone.

So to all those Turkeys in honor of your sacrifice I made a Turkey Rug and recall those days sitting in a bus looking out a window and enjoying those mass of feathers. 

 Give Thanks

10 comments:

Saundra said...

Cute rug and it looks old. Seems to me I've mentioned that same thing about some of your other rugs and sure do wish I could pull it off as well as you do.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Saundra, I am glad I am done with it. Lol I just grab like colored pieces of wool. A kind of hit and miss my rugs .

Raymond Homestead said...

Very cute rug!

Courtney said...

I love your rug and I love the story almost better!! What a tribute!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Courtney, It was fun to see all the turkeys. Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
What a great rug! Like Saundra said, so old and primitive looking. LOVE IT!!!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Nice job on that turkey rug, This little turkey is staying put I bet. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi gals,Thanks for the nice compliments. It makes me smile, Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

The things we remember from childhood! I love your turkey rug, it's primitive design and colors! It reminds me of the hand print turkeys I use to make with my preschool children. Wonderful! Hugs, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, I improvised when I used a quilt pattern of a Turkey and then added letters. Gobble and Give Thanks.Hugs Cheri