Monday, November 14, 2011

A dog lover post in San Diego

Fiesta Island after a storm         


 Beach smells

 Broken shells


 My little shitzu  had seemed a little depressed lately since I have been gone from home a lot the last couple of weeks. I suggested to hubby lets take Maulie to Fiesta Island which is an undeveloped area with access to the beach in San Diego. It’s a bit of a drive from where we live but it’s worth it for a smile on Maulies face.

You don’t have to have your dog on a leash and your dogs have a fun time playing in the water. It’s been a while so Maulie was pretty excited.Maulie looked so cute playing with all sorts of dogs and running up to people. My little shitzu thinks she is a person she would rather run up to greet people then dogs.

Lab retrieving a ball

A lot of people were out with their dogs . The only bad part this dumb Chihuahua ran up to Maulie and tried to bite her then ran away and did it again. I swear I could have bit that dog! The good part Maulie has a thick coat and she wasn’t upset she just ignored the dog . I made hubby pick up Maulie. After that every time I saw a Chihuahua I made Jack pick her up.

Hurry Up! 


Path up

 These two dogs were having a great time 

You meet the nicest dogs on a walk

  All the big dogs were nice and friendly and there were some big labs and German shepherds boxers they all behaved. There was even a horse at fiesta Island getting ready for it’s ride. It was a beautiful day after a storm.

I love the smell of the ocean. There is nothing like a walk at the beach without one little pit bull Chihuahua.


                                        I don't know if I would have a horse near all these dogs

6 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a fun place. I'm glad Maulie got to go fight the blues.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Maulie slept on the drive home.

Bee Lady said...

My guy Dixie gets depressed whenever I'm gone. Poor thing. That beach looks lovely. Nice of you to take Maulie bye bye.

Cindy Bee

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cindy bee I love my Maulie and it was nice to see her so happy!

Julia said...

Poor Maulie, she needed some diversion.

I wonder if most Chihuahua are mean like that because a while back I adopted a Chihuahua that had been abused but he was so loving and friendly. The only one she barked at was the paperboy who tried to run over him with his bike wheel and I chased him away , (the paper boy that is). JB

I'm not a dog except for my Chinese sign and I love the beach and the salt air. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I think it was just this one. All the other dogs were nice.
Maulie and Jack are going on a long walk after work tomorrow.I am off to visit Megan and the baby tomorrow. Baby Jack is almost six months! wow