Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Country Loft Wool Crazy Potluck and Oh yes Christmas Decorating

                                    Dinner is off the table the pans are soaking . Hubby enjoyed my dinner and I can send off my post of my day in Southern California. Maulie is not being a good little shitzu coming in when I call her tonight . Now I have to say cheezer to get her in the house. Cookie doesn’t seem to work anymore. I sure had an enjoyable day!                 


 

                                Ho Ho Ho !!! It's Country Loft in Southern California
Country Loft is ready for Christmas…I was so busy trying to take pictures before the potluck so my blogger friends could enjoy my part of the world.


 I love those Snowmen that sparkle


               Cheri Payne Quilts and patterns
                                          


                                                      Kathy was busy cutting wool in another room


Today was Wool Crazy author JoAnn Mullaly wool crazy classes potluck. Also JoAnn writes for Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine.It was a time for different classes to share how they’re progressing on their quilts plus a potluck is usually a time to learn a few more recipes. The Country Loft decorations can’t help but get you into the Holiday spirit. The dolls are JoAnn patterns that are fun to do.This is JoAnn's blog
 http://woolcrazy-jam.blogspot.com/
                                                      There are so many kits to choose from

                                                   I had a gift certificate so I bought some linen for my newest rug and a winter issue of A Simple Life I am drooling over the pictures. This is a great issue with a piece written by Tasha Tudors daughter.
I have a rug hooking design I created that I am looking forward to starting after Christmas.



 
 JoAnn author of two books on projects using wool
and a wonderful person.
   Can you see by all the smiles how much
 fun we were having!



A gift from beth


                                                                          Yummy
Block of the months starting in January  

 An interesting way to show fields and sheep 


           What a great purple quilt

    
                                                      I like Suzy's colors in her quilt


                                                                          Peace











 

11 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE it when you show pictures from this place. I always get ideas for new rugs. And I may have drooled on the keyboard looking at those wool bundles.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, You should have seen the wools in the other room that were being bundled.Lots of great reds Next week is Hobo quilt potluck, The'll have to roll me out of Country Loft.Hugs Cheri

Gayle said...

Lucky YOU to live close to this amazing shop! I'd love to visit someday!

Saundra said...

Oh my gawd! I wanna go shopping as I saw so many cool things I'd like to own. I love those crazy quilts but know that I'd never have the patience to make one for myself.

Thanks for showing and teasing me.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
What a great post. Thank you for sharing so many wonderful pictures. How lucky to have such a shop near you!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, It is fun to see shops and how they're decorated.It was such a relaxing day,Hugs Cheri

Nancy in MT said...

I love it all, thanks for all the wonderful pics of prim Christmas.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Nancy, I love your Montana!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Thank you for taking us to this shop through all of these great pictures! It makes me so happy to see all those lovely projects. What a great place!

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am glad everyone liked the pictures. Today I am working on my garden railroad. It's a nice day and perfect for gardening,Cheri

Julia said...

Sorry, I've been running behind my blogger friends like a dog trying to catch his breath.

Wow, all those beautiful pictures makes my head spin. What a great place to be. I can see that you had a great time. Thanks for taking us along. I just love it when someone takes the time to show us all the great places they visit. I'm practically drooling just looking at all the nice woo and and everything.

Although I don't decorate in Primitive, I still love it. JB