Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tunkhannock Pennsylvania Rug hooker Georgia


Pennsylvania Rug hooker Georgia

Tuesday was a real big treat we had a visitor that I had heard about for years.  Janet had raved how well she hooked and how pretty her rug were Janets sister in law Georgia was all that plus nice. Janet's sister in law  belongs to a rug hooking group called The old barn rug hooking guild in Tunkhannock Pennsylvania.It is  ATHA Chapter 102. I usually hear about what her guild is doing with emails that Georgia sends out to Janet and I .We all were in awe at how big her rugs were and her color choices were perfect. It was a delight on Tuesday to see the work of this prolific rug hooker.This guild sounds like a very active group and the way Georgia described their hook in's they sound like so much fun! If Georgia is an example of her guild Wow! I am impressed.


Our group meets every two weeks at the Country Loft and usually somebody has something to share
of what they have done besides rug hooking.There are so many conversations going on it's almost  funny. You should have seen us today we were all talking a mile a minute. There was so much to catch up on in the two weeks since we saw each other.Two of the ladies in our group are going to Lancaster Pennsylvania Donna and Karen. They are taking some rug hooking classes.Lucky Gals!
Janet shared her walnuts she got from Pam for dyeing.
I have the walnuts in a pot in the kitchen ready to cook tomorrow.I can't believe all the color that is coming out of them!
                                                    Georgia's Rug hooking


Georgia is such a lovely lady with great color choices in her rugs! 

 I love this sheep
  



 All her rugs pop




                             
                                                   

                                                   Georgia looking at her rugs



                                                 





What can I say


Black Walnuts for dyeing
I have some of them soaking tonight

Pam has a quilt to share  



Pam's Pretty Quilt

                                                                                                              ..
 Pam's a talented teacher check out her blog

11 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Looks like wonderful fun and beautiful inspiration. such great rugs.
Cathy

Beverly said...

Wow! What amazing craftsmanship! I just love hooked rugs and those are incredible. Thanks for sharing!

Saundra said...

Thank you for the rug show, they are gorgeous and just my choice of colors. The quilt was great too but takes a lot of patience (which I don't have a lot of) to do quilting. Thanks.

terry said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful rug hooking projects. Wish I lived closer to Country Loft - don't get down there as often as I would like. Also, thank you for your connection to Pam's website. Just finished viewing her gallery and reading all her posts from day one. She is my type of quilter. I recognized many of the quilts she made having made some of them and having others in varying stages of completion.

Terry

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Terry,I am so glad you liked Pams web site. Pam is a great basketmaker ,Quilter and her studio is womderful.You sound like a good quilter too !!cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, It is so inspiring seeing what others create.I think that's why I like blogging so much.Georgia and I were saying how many good rug hookers are out there and how fun the internet is.
I am glad you enjoyed her rugs Cheri

Julia said...

Wow, Cheri. I love all those rugs and I visited Geogia's web site and I love, make i, I WANT her cupboard full of drawers. It to die for. She has a place for all the little things to be hidden yet accessible. Her quilts are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing. JB

Dog Trot Farm said...

What beautiful eye candy, this is one talented rug hooking lady. I love her themes and color choices. Hope you are enjoying your week, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia,The rugs were Georgia from PA.
Now the quilts are Pam a lady that's in my rug hooking group in California.I am glad you liked the show and Pams web site. Today I just back from Summers Past Farms . It's hot 98 degrees!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, Glad you liked Georgia"s hooked rugs.Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Georgia is VERY talented. Love her rugs! Thanks for sharing!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren