Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Rughooking Tuesday and where I would love to store some wool!

I could just see my wools stored in this piece of old furniture



All the plans in the world change when a light goes off in your Suv . While driving home from rug hooking I turned on my lights when a check gauge light went off. I turned off my lights then turned them on again it was gone so as an after thought I mentioned to hubby a light went on. Well I am glad I mentioned it!I need a radiator(sad  face) so I am stuck at home and that’s one way to get my housework done. I was so looking forward to seeing Dee’s home and what she has been working on but I am hoping the Suv gets fixed quick so I can get over there this week.I keep thinking what a waste of money for a dumb radiator I could get so much wool with that money.Oh well!


This is a glimpse of my day yesterday at rug hooking.



Have your ever tried listening to three conversations at once. Lol. Well so much was going on with our group. Georgia was still visiting and so that was nice having her in our group one more time. Stephanie came in with a book.  Stephanies home is in a book! The book is called An Early Christmas by Tina Woltman

                                          http://www.oldcolonyprimitives.com/store/Default.asp

                                     Check out pictures from Stephanies last show

  


Marjorie our resident natural dyer experimenter had piece of wool using pomegranates and black walnuts over white wool.

                                                                  Pomegranite dyeing


                                                                              walnut hulls
                                
We were all walking around the shop looking at what came in. The owners had been in the Midwest buying antiques and so I went outside and checked out some neat primitive pieces. I love this piece I could just see it full of wool.





Janice was working on her appliqué and stayed busy working away while the rest of us were chatting up a storm. All these ladies are so multi talented that besides rug hooking there is information were obsorbing from each other.  I heard about Stephanie’s corgi being bitten by a rattlesnake.what a scare!
                                      Janice has been working on this quilt for a while .It's so pretty!
                                       So much work and such small stitches

                                                  Janice is using this book for the applique

8 comments:

Kim said...

A giant cupboard filled with pretty wool is my dream. Hope the car gets fixed soon so you can get moving again. I hate it when the car is broken - I feel trapped.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I do feel a little trapped but I am so happy I didn't get stuck on the side of the road. Have a good day!Cheri

Courtney said...

So sad about your car. I feel so fortunate to have my car back in working order. I love all of the projects! Such talent out there. My heart just skipped a beat when you said a little corgi was bitten by a rattler...yikes. Shudders went through both Gus and me!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Why, I have been in your shoes. It was the hotest day of the summer when my car decided to die, I had no cell phone. What a helpless feeling, lucky for me a very kind women let me use her home phone and sit on her steps while I waited for my husband. You can bet hubby got me a cell phone and we soon joined AAA. I am looking forward to viewing Dee's home, hope your car is up and running soon. Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, My cars fixed new radiator bummer.But the good news is I am off to Dees tomorrow. Yea! I wonder what she has been making.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, That little dog is one lucky corgi. One time the little corgi was missing and they had professional trackers looking all over the mountains . Days later the dog showed up.Now the rattlesnake I think it got bitten on its nose. It's fine now.

Nancy in MT said...

Thanks for all the wonderful pictures, love everything, and the quilts, so prim. Need to go check out that store.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Nancy, I love all your quilts.That is the one thing about getting together with others they give you great ideas. Next week is Hobo quilts I need to get hopping on my squares.Cheri