Friday, October 14, 2011

A quick wool post for the weekend



 What I am working on
 It’s Friday and this week flew. I have been working on my wool quilt I decided to put the lettering on my quilt. I loved Jo Ann Mullaly designs. The class I took for years was the big wool crazy quilt  but I made it one panel and the story of my Life.I decided to use another JoAnn saying Wool Crazy. I stitched My Wool Crazy Life at the top of my Quilt.
I still need to add a dog a baby a chicken and a couple more things.
 I also dyed black walnuts this week and threw in different wools to muddy them up. We had a heat spell for two days so I hooked ,dyed and read the last couple days.


I started a new book which sounded interesting. The man who made list by Joshua Kendall . It’s about the man who created the Roget’s Thesaurus.

Here are some pictures of how I am doing on my Wool Crazy quilt and some pictures of dyeing and Tuesday Rug hooking group.

 Pam's been hooking these squares


                                                  Tuesday Rug hookings


                  I keep having to add wool to the top and sides of my
                  wool quilt .
                                 I have been stitching My wool Crazy Life                                                        
                                                    Black walnut dyed


                                    I threw in these wools in the dye

14 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Looks like a fun quilt to do!

Larkrise garden girl said...

The original quilt is beautiful. I am using the designs and making my quilt be more like me a little of this and that. Lol

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, you seem to have put this cute quilt together quite fast. I never made this kind of quilt and I'm curious to know if it's a wall hanging quilt or a lap quilt or will it grow larger. I've only made appliqué cotton quilts.

I can't wait to see it all finished. Have a great weekend. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, It's a wall hanging. I make quilts that I can hang up. The original pattern is big but I like so many types of crafts I lose interest if something is too big. I have been working on this for a while. Wool applique is a great way to use your different wools left over from rug hooking.Hugs Cheri

Kim said...

Great quilt. It looks like fun to work on.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thanks Kim, Just add this to my three quilts I am almost done with.Lol Try to Have a nice relaxing weekend!Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Great quilt! Looks like a fun one to work on, but what do I know? I don't dare try quilting! I don't have enough time now to hook, punch or cross stitch!
Have a great weekend!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Courtney said...

Great quilt. I love these types of quilts. I'm really drawn to starting one...but I'm not sure I should take on yet another hobby. They are fun though!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Courtney,I know I wish I liked just doing one thing sometimes. Have a nice weekend, Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

I so admire anyone who can quilt, your's is just wonderful. Have I mentioned I flunked out of quilting class! Sad, but true. Love the little hooked mats, now those I can handle. Have a great week, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julie, Flunking out of a quilt class. Lol I have taken many a class and I am a average quilter but that's O.K !I learned a while ago quilt for fun and for my enjoyment and don't take it seriously. That's why I like primitive wool quilts. Cheri

Saundra said...

Cheri, I just love the little hooked pieces and your quilt!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wool Crazy girl, your quilt is darling and it should continue to grow as your life goes on, there doesn't need to be any bounderies! So happy to meet you and hope we might keep in touch. We leave Mon. a.m. for Houston with notice of snow storm in PA.
Thanks for the nice articles on your blog.
Happy hooking, Georgia

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Georgia, Have a safe trip home lets keep in touch to see how were hooking.I can't wait to see your next project! Hugs Cheri