Wednesday, October 19, 2011
I needed a scary lady to tell my scary story
Today as I read my blogger friend Julia’s blog about intuition I thought of how many times you listen to your inner gut feeling. I try to listen to my intuition and it’s helped me in some situations. I was thinking of scary stories of Halloween and thought this might do the trick.
This is mine. Well sometimes Life experiences can be more scary then a Halloween tale. It was in the Fall about this time of year. When I was a little girl we lived in a very nice two story house with an orchard in the back yard. It was lovely. There was a house behind us with a vacant lot and a small little alley street that went up to some homes and large fields that lead to a chicken ranch and a nursery.. Our neighborhood was considered a nice neighborhood typical 1950’s America. In those days you never locked your doors. Well as the scary story unfolds. I was about eight or nine loved animals and wore these thick black rimmed glasses. I was blind as a bat without them. Everything looked blurry to me if I didn‘t have them on..
I loved my calico cat Scocia and one morning about four thirty I heard her crying, I didn’t bother putting my glasses on I was tired and just went out my bedroom door near my parents room to the family room door. The cat kept crying so I opened the door and went outside. Here I was in my long old fashioned night gown calling the cat which I couldn’t see. It was a semi dark morning dewy morning and just before the sun comes out. No calico cat! I walked towards the beginning of the orchard it kept meowing but wouldn’t come over to me. .
Well I didn’t have my glasses on I still couldn’t see the shape of the cat and just kept going closer to the orchard with the picket fence which divided the back yard from the fruit tree orchard. There was an arbor that I stopped at and kept calling but the cat didn’t get any closer. I went back inside the house and back in bed and fell asleep.
I didn’t tell anyone and forgot about it until the next night the same thing happened the cat was crying I walked out in my nightgown
And stopped at the arbor. No cat! But it was sounding so pitiful. But something told me to turn around.
Now were at the third night it happened again the cat meowing I got closer to the arbor almost going into the orchard when I stood at the arbor gate and this sounds crazy but I thought that I was close to the cat by the shape. I saw a dark shape thought it was the cat and kept calling the cat for about four minutes and turned around because something told me to not go past the old arbor.. Like I said I am blind as a bat! I can’t see far away and I was half asleep going out the door each time without my glasses.
Well that was the third time I had gotten up right before the sun was up.
The next day my brothers came down from their bedrooms which were up stairs and said . Who was the man meowing in our backyard?. I looked at them shocked and told my parents how I had been going outside looking for my cat.
I get shivers just thinking about how lucky I was. Three nights I was outside almost into the orchard. My brothers saw the man and went back to sleep. They couldn’t see me because of the patio cover. They had no idea I was outside walking closer into the orchard. This man must have hopped the back picket fence and from what my brothers were saying was crouched next to my Dads shed making the cat sounds. I remember the lecture to this day and the realization that not all Halloween stories need made up monsters.To this very day when Morris makes noises at the window at night wanting in I wonder is it Morris?
Posted by Larkrise garden girl at 1:02 AM
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Happy Halloween
- Early American crafts comes alive in California De...
- Let's Explore a Early American Fall Home of Dee's...
- Rughooking Tuesday and where I would love to store...
- I am off to Rug hooking ......
- What would Nancy Drew think?
- My scary Tale
- My Ordinary Days
- A quick wool post for the weekend
- Tunkhannock Pennsylvania Rug hooker Georgia
- Georgia on my mind or Pennsylvania Rug Hooker
- A pumpkin story for fall
- An evening of Hobo Quilts at The Country Loft in C...
- It’s been sixteen years since my wonderful dad pas...
- It's the middle of the week and were going to have...
- I confess I am a bit of a bookworm
- ▼ October (16)
Powered by Blogger.