Monday, October 17, 2011

My Ordinary Days

Those Squirrels are seriously ticking me off




First death in my garden something ate my last dwarf pomegranate bush. I haven’t identified the killer but I have an idea about those squirrels having infiltrated into my garden. I am so bummed so I planted some thyme where the pomegranate plant was happily living.

Yesterday Hubby put up a birdhouse and for some reason he just walks all over my plants. I don’t know if he doesn’t see them but my poor butterfly bushes were being stepped on horribly. When ever Jack weed wacks I usually walk around the yard telling him this is a plant because unless it has a flower on it he is like  the jolly green giant stepping on their faces . I am so thankful the birdhouse is up thanks to hubby so I shouldn‘t complain the little plant bounced back today .I love how Jack used pieces of old wood for perches and an old tin for a sign.I still have about five monarch butterflys that dance around the yard all day.Morris just jumped on the deck he wants in .Maulie is barking at a walker and her dog going by so off I go to start my ordinary day which to me are the best days! 

7 comments:

Kim said...

My lawn mowing guy goes a little crazy with the weed whacker too. I "used" to have some raspberry bushes in the backyard. GONE. Arrgh

Courtney said...

I once "pruned" out an entire Rose of Sharon in my Grammy's yard. I learned my lesson on that one! Cool bird house!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Boy I sounded grumpy this morning but I feel for my plants. I feel like Prince Charles who talks to plants but I'm not that bad. But Hubby is great with his woodworking so he can't help that he doesn't see my wee little plants.I love the birdhouse. No birds yet.

Julia said...

What a lovely bird house. Hubby is so sweet to built them for your garden.

Years ago when we moved into our new house, my husband bought me a bush and I planted it and it was doing great until he mowed it down with the lawn mower. So from then on I did all the mowing and planting and weeding too and I still do because on the rare occasion that he mows the lawn he goes around in circle. It looks awful. JB

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a wonderful addition to your yard. I do know what you mean when it comes to husbands being helpful sometimes your'e better off doing the project yourself!

Larkrise garden girl said...

I enjoyed hearing your stories,they made me chuckle.The day sure flew by. Cheri

acorn hollow said...

I love the birdhouse and I think most everone has a husband story. Mine is when he helps to weed we end up with plant free garden because if it isn't blooming out it goes.
Cathy