Where were you on Sept 11?
There are some pivotal days in your Life you remember When the man landed on the moon is one and Sept 11 to me is another.
I was still sleeping and my husband came into the bedroom and said a plane has hit the world trade building. I jumped up and as he went to work I felt this enormous feeling of sadness as I watched on T.V the events unfolded. As the second tower fell the unbelief that this was happening and all the brave rescue personnel going up to those tall building was heart breaking. I distinctly remember my daughter calling me in shock at what was happening. I remember telling her “Were going to War” My father had worked for the military during the Vietnam war repairing planes and traveling to bases in Vietnam.I guess that's why that was my first thought. I felt such sadness when I said it to her and knew there were going to be more losses of Life. The shock across America and the world at this horrible event was a time capsule of pain that is still with America. Today my prayers go out to the families and rescue personal who risked their lives and all the soldiers who are in harms way as we speak.
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Fall at The Country Loft
- Have you ever stayed at a Haunted Hotel?
- Fall decorating in my home and Hobo squares
- A brush fire
- Fall primitive Cat
- Puppet shows and me
- San Diego Quilt show 2011 part three
- San Diego Quilt show 2011 part two
- Sept 11th
- A quick look at the San Diego Quilt Show 2011
- My new neighbor a barn owl
- And the lights went out in Southern California and...
- Hobo's Quilts and Paper Piecing Boy I used my brai...
- HoBo Quilt
- September is here
- ▼ September (15)
Powered by Blogger.