Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sept 11th

Where were you on Sept 11?


There are some pivotal days  in  your Life you remember When the man landed on the moon is one and Sept 11 to me is another.

I was still sleeping and my husband came into the bedroom and said a plane has hit the world trade building. I jumped up and as he went to work I felt this enormous feeling of sadness as I watched on T.V the events unfolded. As the second tower fell the unbelief that this was happening and all the brave rescue personnel going up to those tall building was heart breaking. I distinctly remember my daughter calling me in shock at what was happening. I remember telling her “Were going to War” My father had worked for the military during the Vietnam war repairing planes and traveling to bases in Vietnam.I guess that's why that was my first thought. I felt such sadness when I said it to her and knew there were going to be more losses of Life. The shock across America and the world at this horrible event was a time capsule of pain that is still with America. Today my prayers go out to the families and rescue personal who risked their lives and all the soldiers who are in harms way as we speak.
                                           A group of old women repairing the American flag

7 comments:

Julia said...

Sadly I have difficulty remembering what I was doing but I was in the kitchen and heard the news on TV and was in total disbelief. I was in shock and glued to the TV for the rest of the day. Such a senseless act of hatred.

My thoughts and prayers go to all those affected by this, the family and victims whose lives have been altered for ever and all those who went to the scene to rescue people and the clean up afterward. Peace, JB

Rugs and Pugs said...

I can never forget and start to tear up everytime I think about it. I was in Shanksville, PA this summer where Flight 93 went down. It was so emotional.
God Bless America...Land that I Love!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Oh Lauren, How horrible! What hero's were on that flight. I too echo your words.
Julia you were like me just shock on what was happening.
Tomorrow I will continue my Quilt show to start off the week on a happier note. Cheri

Bee Lady said...

I was at work at a local college. I was the secretary and they brought a tv into the area I worked. EVeryone was standing around watching it in disbelief. we were just shocked. And I just wondered...why we were working and not at home with all of our loved ones.

Cindy Bee

Kim said...

I remember staring at the computer (CNN) with a co-worker in virtual disbelief. I remember saying that things will never be same.

Leontien said...

I was at home, not feeling to good. I think i had the day off from college. Even in Holland everybody was watching tv, calling each other and feeling incredibly sad.

Leontien

Larkrise garden girl said...

It is so sad over 90 countries lost loved ones that day.