Thursday, September 15, 2011

Puppet shows and me

I am happy to say it’s been cooling down a little in temperature. Tuesday I was suppose to go to my rug hooking group and my Suv had a real low tire. Well I am glad I decide to stay put and not drive down the hill. I had a bolt in my tire! That is the third flat tire I have had this year.
                                                 I am taking her apron off and doing a better tea dyeing job.
                                                 I bought her like that!

Yesterday was an exciting day I got skype and I set up a webcam to see my daughter and baby.

Have you seen that U tube of grandparents that installed a web cam? It has gone viral and I totally understand how they feel. It was such a funny video! I set up skype and then I was having problems I had put the Cd in the computer nothing happened . So I called my daughter and she walked me through some steps when Oh dear!  there I was on the computer with no make on, my hair a mess and a ugly housework shirt on . I thought it was funny how I could see myself on the computer and realized Oh my gosh when did I get old? Lol.It was great seeing the baby and Megan I could even see her dogs and her craft area. I love technology!!!I just don’t like installing it.I was as goofy as those seniors when they installed their web cam.
ready to go for next show


 This was as exciting a moment as when I finally got the hang of spinning on my spinning wheel.Or as exciting as when I got my first egg from my chickens. It was remarkable to be able to see the two of them just sitting there looking at me.

After I could see myself and the baby and Megan I decided to run and get some of my dolls. I figured a bright doll the baby would like so I began of course a puppet show and I had his attention.The baby was even smiling at the screen. Of course Maulie had to jump on my lap to see what was going on.Poor dog she couldn't understand that Megan wasn't here. Maulie would run to the window and look out when she heard Megan's voice.Megan kept laughing at me but when she was a child she loved puppet shows with Bert and Ernie.I would stand at her crib and make funny voices and she loved them. Even though she could see me she was in that childlike world of fantasy of watching these characters. So I have decided to start a puppet show when Megan calls so Baby Jack can have his very own puppet show from his Nana. Lol .

I used a simple cow to Moo at baby,Don't we get silly with babies
or is it just me? 
   I am going to put a basket of Dolls behind my chair ready to go when I get a call for more puppet shows for baby Jack a Nana always has to be prepared.Cheri

15 comments:

Julia said...

Cheri, you are such good grandmother. It really shows. Getting ready for the next tim with the puppets is real cute.

That' neither a cow nor a bull. It has no appendage or udder, but it looks like a bull. Too funny. Enjoy your new found communication skills. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, I am a bit of a nut.Lol

April's Homemaking said...

What a great idea to keep puppets near by, skype does sound enjoyable, what a fun Grandma!!

acorn hollow said...

What a wonderful Idea,you are such a good gramie.
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

I have heard from friends how their grandkids are far away and every Sunday they read a story to their grandkids. Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

Skype is a wonderful invention, especially for those whose loved ones do not reside next door. Not to long ago I saw myself on the computer screen and thought how the heck did I evolve into that middle age women, LOL. Having a basketful of toys close at hand is a wonderful idea, I think it's nice to be known as the fun grammy! Greetings from rainy Maine, Julie.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Rainy Maine sounds wonderful. I am glad I am not the only one who wondered how did time go by so fast!Smiles Cheri

Kim said...

That is to funny. After supper I was on Skype with my cousin in Holland. She is 7 months pregnant and I got her to put her tummy up against the speaker so I could talk to the baby!! Lol. Crazy, right?

Larkrise garden girl said...

Oh that is so cute kim!

Joanne said...

Way to go on getting skype - i wouldn't know what to do - this computer came with a webcam and when i was playing with it - there i was - scared me to pieces! LOL

Larkrise garden girl said...

Joanne,You have try it you will love it. Skype was super easy to sign up for it's free.Go on line on u tube they have tutorials on anything.Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
What fun! I've never skyped, but I hear it's cool. Problem is, I really like to remain faceless when on the phone!
Cute dolls!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren I am like you. I can't concentrate with my conversation because I keep looking at this person who is me. Lol
I am only using skype for my daughter and baby. I got my baby fix today. LOl

Leontien said...

Well i think technically that cow is a bull... but i could be wrong haha!

And i am so happy for you that you got skype! We have skype and it is a perfect too (if it works) to stay in touch with my little sister in Holland!

Thanks for sharing
Leontien

Larkrise garden girl said...

Leontien, My daughters hubby is going to Switzerland and she is hoping they can skype this week while he is gone. Are you back from Chicago were all thinking about you!Cheri