Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall primitive Cat

A simple piece of wood and Judy just
paints a primitive cat.
Fall is in the air




Southern California has such subtle changes of fall it’s hard to notice unless you look close. We start to cool down a little and what I notice in Crest is the fog in the early morning. The park across the street is misty and kind of spooky looking. You can see the outline of my big eucalyptus trees and all the parks trees have a mysterious misty look to them as the fog meanders thru the branches. The bad part about the fog is the road coming up to Crest can be dangerous at night with the fog. You can’t even see in front of you as you wind up the hill. So usually I don’t drive anywhere at night unless I have to go to a class. Most people don’t like it when the time changes and it’s dark at five o’clock but I like it. That to me is the feeling of fall.There is also
the quilt show in Ramona which is always a good drive.This year I am once again going to Stephanies open
house talk about a wonderful day. This year she is going to have Ernie who sculpts out of wood decoy ducks and all sorts of animals. This is the link to her web site. I can hardly wait to see what she has to sell this year. Stephanie is also in my rug hooking group.You'll love all her goodies!

http://www.oldcolonyprimitives.com/store/Default.asp

I feel like baking scones and muffins and hopefully hubby has cut up enough firewood because it starts to get cold in my little house. My house was originally a cabin and so it wasn’t built to last eighty years. But it did One lady said to me oh You live in one of the Homestead houses. That’s a nice way of saying I have an old house. Just think my little house has been through two major wildfires and it’s still here! Even though it came 14 feet from our home we’re lucky it didn’t catch fire. I was never so happy to see my home when we came back after being evacuated three days later and see this sweet small old home. Fire season is year round and come October it seems to be when all heck can happen we get those Santa Ana winds hot dry winds that cause all the trouble

Since we don’t have snow where I live the quiet of everybody snug in their homes is what I enjoy.

Friday I met Linda for lunch we had a quick lunch and then I remembered there was a craft show at a ladies house we have been going to for the last couple of years. So off we went. I got so many ideas for birdhouses and she had a wonderful way of using making old water pails for circulating fountains. Poor Jack he is going to be busy. Judy makes wonderful signs and folk art paintings. Maybe this is too primitive for you but I liked this little painting she did.


My primitive cat after a night of catching
a mouse!




Today I am going to be busy finding my Fall decorations in the garage and Hubby is putting a post up for a birdhouse I have been requesting for a while. I can hear the birds singing this morning as I type and Maulie is looking out the window looking at the park wondering if a dog is going to walk by. So as I pick up my cup of coffee and head out to the front porch a nice Sunday morning begins. Cheri

9 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Neat painting!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi, It inspires me to try to paint a piece of wood! Cheri

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

That mouse catcher sure looks cozy.
Enjoy the prelude to Autumn... here it even includes a fire in the woodstove.
Susan x

Julia said...

Hi Cheri. I think that the prim cat painting is very neat. Some people are so talented.

I can tell also that fall is in the air as we had thick fog this morning and the leather seats in the car were icy cold.

Fire are so scary especially when it's dry. I sure hope that your home is safe.

I love scones or muffins with a nice cup of hot coffee or tea.

Lucky you about having a bird house. I don't have any but I feed the birds in the back yard and there is
always lots of birds around. It would be so nice to have a few bird houses... JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Julia, I love bird houses.I was at the store today and almost bought some bird feed and wondered if I feed the birds if those squirrels will get attracted to my house even more then they are.

Susan, You all are so lucky to have fall be a cold season.Cheri

Kim said...

That prim cat is adorable. And so is your hunting cat. But I just hope the mouse wasn't presented to you as a trophy.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim. No the mouse was outside when I was walking around the front yard watering.Usually Morris likes to leave the mouse at the patio door for us or on the deck.He earned his cat food today. Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
LOVE that prim cat. He'd make a great hooked rug!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren he would be a cute rug but I am stll working on my Turkey rug. I sure think your pugs are cute!