Crest is up on a hill on one side is busy El Cajon the other side is Harbison Canyon and the community of Alpine. When we have wildfires it comes up the sides of the hills and these communities are effected like us. Well today I noticed a haze and smelled smoke. I looked to the sky and saw a small fire plane circling so I knew there must be a fire on Harbison Canyon or Alpine side of Crest. So I ran to the computer looked at the news and saw there is a fire about four and a half miles away in Harbison canyon. That sounds like a long distance but fires go up the sides of the rocky hills and they don’t follow a curvy road. Here’s what was going on the other side of Crest at the bottom of our hills. They evacuated two schools in Alpine.
You can tell we take brush fires seriously.
in the Crest school parking lot
during a fire in Crest.White smoke is good to see.
These pictures were sent in by Alpine Citizens.
This is what was needed to stop the fire……15 engines. 6 hand crews, 2 air tankers, 1 air attack, 2 helicopters, 4 chief office.alpine firedept, lakeside, cal fire, sd county fire authority, sycuan, heartland fire and rescue, san miguel all have equipment on the fire.
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Fall at The Country Loft
- Have you ever stayed at a Haunted Hotel?
- Fall decorating in my home and Hobo squares
- A brush fire
- Fall primitive Cat
- Puppet shows and me
- San Diego Quilt show 2011 part three
- San Diego Quilt show 2011 part two
- Sept 11th
- A quick look at the San Diego Quilt Show 2011
- My new neighbor a barn owl
- And the lights went out in Southern California and...
- Hobo's Quilts and Paper Piecing Boy I used my brai...
- HoBo Quilt
- September is here
- ▼ September (15)
Powered by Blogger.