Thursday, August 11, 2011

Oy Vey rug hooking

Well it’s complicated Thursday I have been realizing I can be the most disorganized person at times. I am like a feather any time the winds blow I go off in a different direction so between having my oatmeal, watching an old Miss Marple movie and sewing around my chicken rug well I need to center myself and get something done!


I was proud of myself I got two boxes to give to Amvets today . I have a coffee pot of coffee and tea dyeing some white fabric and

I went yesterday and bought the fall Primitive quilts and Projects magazine which has great patterns in it . I loved the Cheri pattern for fall. So as you see I have so many things I want to do its frustrating at times. How do you turn your mind off so many things you want to make? Am I the only rug hooker quilter that feels so frustrated at all the wonderful projects that they see and want to do but every day Life gets in the way. It sometimes seems that my love for projects gets crazy at times. Did I tell you I was painting my floors. Oy Vey!

9 comments:

Joanne said...

I do believe you are like the rest of us - so i guess this is what normal is right? (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Kim said...

I've been all over the place lately too. Must be something in the air!

acorn hollow said...

I do not quilt but I do assorted other things. and yet like you I am not doing much. I love the feather in the wind. I think that sums it up.
cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Yep it's summer I went to Country loft Wednesday and saw all those fall patterns. So many great designers. I will just have to finish what I have started!
Lol Cheri

Dog Trot Farm said...

I hear you! At times I feel as though I have ADD. I run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and I cannot tell you the last time I had a good nights sleep. See you are not alone my dear friend. I hope it is a bit cooler for you. Your friend from maine, Julie.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Dear Cheri,

Thanks for your sweet words. I'm so happy that I can make Maine come alive for you. It changes my life every year.

Point Loma Lighthouse was my FIRST lighthouse ever and it changed my life for the better. It influenced the way I decorate and live to this day. It is a wonderful, wonderful lighthouse.

Yep, you're entered in the drawing for the lighthouse book.

All joys to you and your grand.

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hey Julie and Sharon, Your both in Maine Lucky gals! Maine sounds so wonderful. Yes I am a chicken with my head cut off too. I think were lucky gals to love to create!!Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Oh, I know what you mean all too well. I don't quilt but want to but know I don't have time for yet another "craft". I hook and punch and am cross stitching again. Throw in work and my significant other and my grandson and my house and my yard and pug rescue...no wonder I am tired all the time...lol. Oh, and blogging! I spend WAY too much time in blogland but I am addicted ~ TOTALLY! See, you are not alone!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Lauren, Thank goodness, It's not just me. Lol Cheri