Friday, August 19, 2011
There is nothing worse then getting new neighbors that show no consideration for your property. They stare at your yard. They run out in front of your car when your driving and they clearly take over your neighborhood like they have lived there all their lives.
When I briefly lived in Wyoming I recall seeing the biggest squirrels I had ever seen. They were beautiful larger then our cat. Oscar Padilla would run from room to room watching them as they raced outside the windows. I thought they were so cute. Those squirrels had the bushiest tails and would run up the pine trees next to our home. They were a treat!
California ground squirrels aren’t quite the same. These squirrels are making their homes in my neighbors rock fence. Remember when I saw one squirrel well they have infiltrated the neighborhood and park. They stand on the fence and hop along the fence checking out my yard and staring at Maulie and me. Now when I back up out of my driveway I have at least four squirrels run across the road in front of my dirt road. Then when I get on the pavement driving down the road they are running across the pavement in front of me!. If they could stick out their squirrels paws at me they would give me a wave goodbye.
I feel like my garden is going to be infiltrated by just the pure numbers of these critters. I haven’t heard coyotes in a while so maybe that’s why they seem to be multiplying. Even Morris is up all night checking them out. Morris has been staying next door all day and eats briefly and off he goes to check out our newest neighbors. All Morris needs is a bag of popcorn to nibble on as he watches them play in the street!
The only good thing is at least they're not skunks.
Thanks to a fine Farm house for the black and white graphics.
Posted by Larkrise garden girl at 12:14 AM
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Monday Morning
- African American Quilt exhibit at the Mingei in Sa...
- Michele's Rug hooking,Renee Plains Dolls and a sew...
- Dog days of Summer and a busy week of fun!
- Moving a Lathe oh and a hooked Chicken!
- New rude neighbors or Squirrel stories in Californ...
- I found the Christmas stockings
- Wooden Flax combs
- To Protect and Serve
- Oy Vey rug hooking
- The results are in for my cochineal dyeing
- Insects to dye for
- From Bugs to Baby
- Things that make me smile
- Natural Dyeing results of Coreopsis
- ▼ August (15)
Powered by Blogger.