Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Natural Dyeing results of Coreopsis

I just had to post a quick picture of the wool that I dyed with Coreopsis petals.


The result is that the wool dyes a darker yellow then the Dodder.I started with a white wool with little specks in it. 
It’s a hot humid day so Maulie and I are going to stay cool inside.I hope it's not too hot where you all live!



News in my neck of the woods


This email is from Khandy she informs everybody what's going on in emails.  This is todays dilemma I had to laugh.....
 This was the email. 
This morning, Tuesday at 7:30am, I got a call from a good Samaritan who found 3 goats( a mom with collar, a baby, and a daddy) and herded them into the tennis courts at Nancy Jane Park. She gave them some water and some Bermuda to eat before the owner can claim them.

11 comments:

Joanne said...

great colors you are getting with the natural dyeing! I've never tried anything other than onion skins (natural i mean!)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Joanne, Onion skins are great. You know how you go through phases. I have just been in mood to dye. Lol

Orange Sink said...

Wow! Great colors you are getting with the natural plants! That would be great in a sunflower or anything for Fall!
Hope you are having more fun in the dye pots!
Cathy G

Angie said...

I LOVE the yellow from those petals!! REally fabulous!

Larkrise garden girl said...

I am glad you all are enjoying my dyeing. Next adventure I am going down the road and get Cochineal off the cacti I saw. I am not looking forward to squishing bugs for the pink color. Lol Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cheri ~
Great color! I really need to try dyeing one of these days! Finding the time is a problem :(
Hugs :)
Lauren

Dog Trot Farm said...

Cheri, what a wonderful golden shade, a perfect color for Fall hooking projects. I know you are enduring triple digit temperatures, do you dye inside or out? Either way, hats off to you!

Kim said...

Looks like a great sunflower wool. I admire your natural dyeing technique but squishing bugs is taking the art form just too far for me. Hehehehe

Larkrise garden girl said...

Kim, I am not looking forward to squishing bugs.What we do for Art.Lol
It was so hot today.I dye in the the kitchen and put my wet wool on my rosemary bush.Cheri

Jayme said...

I used to spin and dye wool years ago when I volunteered at an old log cabin, and we had kids groups come through. There's nothing like the colors you get from the natural dyes. So love it!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Jayme, I use to natural dye years ago when I first began to spin on my ashford. How fun to volunteer at an old log cabin.cheri