Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I found the Christmas stockings

O.k I admit it I am sick of summer.I wish it was cooler and fall! There is nothing worse then trying to get in the mood to hook a rug and feeling like it’s too hot to hook.
 In a post a month ago I talked about a Christmas stockings I was going to make for Baby Jack well I was ready to go when I needed to look at the original stockings. I was trying to keep the same theme on the stockings going so I needed to see how my mother in law had arranged the trains and names on each individual stocking. Well I had bought the felt I had the pattern but with all the moving back to Crest I couldn’t find them. I have tore apart the house looking for them. I have looked in closets, drawers under the bed and in a hope chest no such luck. Well today I finally found them in the spot I usually put them in every year .I must have looked in the wash stand a dozen times.I didn't see them because I had not put them in a plastic container which I do every year after Christmas .
 So It’s August and I have to start right away. It's my Christmas on a hot hot August day!    Hopefully my Christmas Stocking will turn out as nice as the family stockings my mother in Law made for everyone.


 Notice the train theme


                                  Baby Jack,  I want a Christmas stocking!

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Golly, he is just the cutest! I'm glad you found the stockings. Doesn't it drive you crazy to search and search and then find it where you've already looked?

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Courtney, It is in the mid 90's so hot. I am so glad I can finally start those stockings. My daughter and her hubby want him to have a stocking for his first Christmas.The countdown is on. I still in shock what a blessing that lil baby is.Megan and her MS has been such a worry and having this new life for all of us to focus on is truly Gods blessing!Cheri

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

Love the pig rug.
I'm sure Jack will get his new stocking in plenty of time for the big day.
Stay cool!
Susan x

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Susan, The pig rug was bought by me 30 years ago. I loved it .The artist who hooked it was an Amish lady from Lancaster pa. Annie Lapp

Jeanette Levellie said...

He is an angel! Does his onesy say, "Pinch me, I'm cute"?

You have a lovely blog. I found you on Four Leaf Clover Tales.

Blessings,
Jen

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Jen, Isn't Leontien the best. Blessings It's nice to be found. Hugs Cheri

Leontien said...

Well at least you found them in time! But i can totally understand that it still is a little too hot to do Christmas stockings!

And thank you soo much for your comment on my post Monday. With coments like yours it is hard to express the gratitude that i feel and put that to words.

So, THANK YOU!
Leontien

Julia said...

Hi Cheri, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

Yeah... you found the lost Christmas stockings. They are really cute but baby Jack is cuter still. Babies grow so fast. What a handsome boy.

I love your pig rug. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Julia, Miss hearing how your doing but you have alot happening hopefully you'll start blogging again when it starts getting cold in Canada.Cheri

Larkrise garden girl said...

Leontien, My words were totally from the heart and you know there are hundreds of your blogger friends sending out prayers and encouragement. Triple Hugs Cheri