Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dog days of Summer and a busy week of fun!


  Jax the Wonder Dog is having a hot week in California 

 I have been a busy girl Monday I ran away to Julian with a girlfriend .Julian is a small town about a hour away in the mountains. It’s a favorite tourist spot. In the fall they have apple days and they're known for great apple pies.


Julian



 Cuyamaca Lake
 We were lucky to see wild turkeys
while driving along the road.


Tuesday I went to my twice a month group of rug hookers. There is hooking done but also ladies are working on other projects. . Everybody has been busy this month. I sit next to Janice and her appliqué quilt is going to be beautiful when it’s done. I didn’t have my camera but Michele took pictures for me so I’ll get the pics in a couple of days. Saturday is class signups at Country Loft and I signed up early for a once a month class. The quilt is called Hobo Quilts. I love folk art and this quilt is a series of blocks from the quilt book of the same name .It looks like a neat quilt to make.  
I am looking forward to Friday and a trip to Balboa Park. The Mingei International museum is having an exhibit of African American folk art quilts. There are 50 quilts on exhibit from the 1910- 1970. These quilts were made in the south by African American women who used what they had old jeans, flour sack and work clothes. This exhibit should be interesting .

6 comments:

Kim said...

Jax is looking so cute. Don't forget to take pictures at the quilt show, so we can all feel like we were there.
Kim :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, My cousin sent a picture of Jax last night. Jax is a poser.I planned on taking pics at the quilt exhibit.You can't use flash so I need to get out my camera directions. Cheri

Raymond Homestead said...

Love the picture of Jax!

Julia said...

That Jack sure is an interesting dog. What an attention seeker he is. I think that he should be in the movies.

Have fun at the quilt show. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia,Your daughter is quite the artist you should be proud. Cheri

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jax is just too cute!!!
Have fun at the quilt show.
Hugs :)
Lauren