Monday, July 11, 2011

Where did the week go?


I  bought this rug years ago in the Big Bear Mountains.
 Summer is going back quickly. We had a heat wave last week. It was so hot and humid in southern California. I really hate to see my water bill this month. It seemed like a waste of a week and then I was ill for a couple days. But now this week is a new start. I have been all over the place in things I want to do this summer. I have been drawing out rug patterns for fun. Nothing like a Monet but just little childlike doodles .I would draw a house or a chicken all on separate pieces of papers and then would xerox them  to a larger size .It was fun! Every time I look at old rugs I realize how great drawing is not important . It’s the naïve quality of hooked rugs I like.


                                                I'm plugging along.

I have to laugh at myself. I am such a person who discovers a great T.V show years after people have been watching it. I like something when others are on to the newest thing and I am always thinking I discovered something when it’s been around for ever. That is why I had to laugh when I discovered Magdalena Briner and her wonderful rugs.

I was looking at rug hooking sites and looking for antique looking rugs when I went on woolly fox site and saw the rugs of Magdalena Briner The roosters were my favorites! Magdelena Briner rugs



I have been moving things around
 have just the perfect antique quality I love. I realize how many rugs I have seen that have that essence of this hooker. Add another project to my list. I am going to have to live to be a hundred to get everything done.                                     

We went and saw Baby Jack on Sunday. He is not quite sure what to think of his crazy Nana.
Mom do you know there
is a crazy lady holding me?

6 comments:

Orange Sink said...

What an expression on that adorable face! I think he's trying to figure you out Grandma!
I love your rug and the antique one is so wonderful! I know how you feel about the last one to discover something...... that's me in a nutshell!
Will we ever live long enough to do all the rugs and things we aspire too? We need to give it a try I suppose!
Happy Hooking and baby rocking!
Cathy G

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Cathy, Isn't that the truth. My mind is always clicking on what I want to do next. I am so glad I have hobbies I am never bored.

Julia said...

Aww Cheri, this is too cute. It's so fun trying to figure out what goes on in their new little mind. They have so much stuff to take in. I just love the look.

My daughter just emailed me some baby pictures a while ago.

I'm partial to roosters and I love your rooster rug. The antique rug on the wall reminds me of my grandmother's rug that peeked my interest in learning how to hook rugs.

I'm glad that you are feeling like doing many projects. Have great time with cute little Jack.
Hugs, JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, It is so wondeful being a Nana.I am back home again.Love to see the pics of your grandbaby!

Leontien said...

haha that last pic is just adorable!

And thank you for your sweet comment on my "friends" post! I hope you daughter is doing ok now???

Leontien

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Leontien, Megan is still not feeling up to par. Having MS and being in the hospital for over a month gave her a set back. Baby Jack is still not sleeping through the night. Megan has a hands on hubby and he is a big help!