Saturday, July 16, 2011
Have you ever heard some mindless fact you want to pass on . For some reason I know all sorts of odd facts. Well one I had heard was if you want to get rid of coyotes you pee all over the perimeter of your yard. The ladies did not believe my pearls of wisdom. I guess the thought of her hubby making a safe perimeter from coyotes was too much. They laughed so much at my idea. Well I went on the internet and there was that fact. Some people believe in it and others used wolf urine. See I am a encyclopedia of useless facts!
During the day we went from hookers to possible crime observers. While hooking up on her hill we could see a police
helicopter circling the freeway we then watched five patrol cars stop on the freeway. We took turns looking through the binoculars trying to see what was going on far below us in the distance. We couldn’t see any accident . It took awhile when finally Janet saw them opening a trunk. She has such a nice view and a slight breeze that makes her deck a great place to hook.
About 20 or 30 years ago Janet had made a rug and she told me how she had thought of throwing it away. It seems the wools she used at that time were flimsy and repairs were needed but what I saw was a rug that had aged well. I’d like to age as well as that rug! Janet explained how dusty it was and how it had been a floor rug she had done years and years ago. I wanted to see this old rug. Well when Janet brought it out Bev and I were amazed what a nice hooked rug it was.
Posted by Larkrise garden girl at 9:46 AM
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Long Beach Imagination Quilt Show
- Dyeing Wools,Cheri Payne Quilt and Wool Crazy!
- Dodder reveal
- A Dodder we will go in search of natural dyes
- News hound report from San Diego county
- It's Christmas stocking time
- Test Run for the International Quilt Festival Long...
- Rug Hooking out on a deck in Southern California
- Scratch one chicken off my list!
- Just one more follower ...
- Where did the week go?
- A dot and a Space Station
- Happy 4th of July part two in Crest
- A Southern California 4th of July Parade in Crest ...
- Dee's Home and Garden part two
- My Return to Dee's front yard garden
- ▼ July (16)
Powered by Blogger.