Friday, July 1, 2011

My Return to Dee's front yard garden


 
Walk through Dee's gate and your in another world. 


You can be in the middle of the city and feel like your in a place in the country. Dee has been redoing her front yard garden. Today I went over to Dee’s to catch up on her garden. I had heard that she had changed it so I could hardly wait to see what she had done. I walked through her gate and I was in a wonderful world. Dee met me at her door and we went to her favorite place to sit. Her chapel in the woods. Dee sits in her big chair and faces the tree with her cross and she is in a chapel in the woods in the morning. We pulled up another chair and sat and just enjoyed the butterfly that flew by and her sweet cat Emily. There is so much to look at in her yard and her home. I expect to look up at her windows and see a person from another era looking at me. It’s so beautiful a home.




 Emily coming to greet me.
The wonderful thing about visiting other peoples garden is you come away with great ideas. Dee wanted her yard expanded with less driveway.She  covered up the blacktop with bark.That way she expanded her garden space with an easy solution. The other side of the fence is a driveway so friends simply park their car and walk through the gate. Dee had a tree that fell and some logs  were left over she used them. You know how when you have a vision you move things you shouldn’t.That was Dee. I can just see her rolling logs in her garden with lots of hard work!
Nature is all around us even in the city but yet you feel like your in a private natural world in Dee’s home and garden.



 You go over a bridge to get to the front door.

 Dee's chapel in the woods. The cross is on the tree.
 It was such a nice day!

 
 
 
It's important in a  garden to have places to sit.

10 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Such a neat house and yard!

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love it. Southern California doesn't have many early American type of houses so it is wonderful to see. I have a part two of her home when we went inside later this weekend.

Saundra said...

I would never had known that was a home in California had I not known that you live there too and she is your friend. That is definitely a place that I would gravitate to for sure.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra, Dee's husband specialized in making these kind of houses. He made this one the inside is fantastic plus she is an artist and a carver and it's like being back in time.We had such a nice time.

Kim said...

Your friend is a very creative gardener. Looks like a fun house.

Toni aka irishlas said...

Absolutely stunning! What a peaceful place.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Joanne said...

Wonderful

Julia said...

I think that the cat must have been trained to walk on the stone path. It's so unexpected.

I like the little haven in the yard to sit and live at a slower pace. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Julia, Emily was checking me out. It was such a relaxing time. Part two on Sunday.

Orange Sink said...

What a fun yard and garden! I like her idea to cover up the driveway! I'd love to explore every nook and cranny if I could!
Cathy G