I looked up in the sky and saw a International Space Station go by.
Monday evening I had heard on the news that the International Space Station was going to orbit over California. At 845 if you looked in the north west you could see it traveling through the sky. I had seen the Halley's comet years and years ago when my daughter was a little girl. Back then our family had driven up to the mountains to be sure we would see this once in a lifetime event. We weren't the only ones.I recall the little kids and parents excitedly looking up with telescopes large and small . To view the Halley's comet you didn't even need a telescope back then.
So if I would head to the mountains for a comet it was a cinch to step out my door and look up. I stood on my deck and leaned my head back as far as I could that’s when I saw a bat to the side of my deck flying by. I didn’t grab my neck but I thought about it. Isn’t that a funny primal feeling about bats and wanting to grab your neck but maybe that’s just me.. I heard a small owl screech in my back yard as I waited .Note to self I have an owl in my yard. I kept surveying the sky and finally there it was! This small little dot traveling through space was above me . It was going fast I found out later it was going over 17,500 miles an hour.
I called Hubby we watched together.
I wondered to myself why haven’t I been looking to the sky’s more. I had forgotten this wonderful place that is up above my head. Summer is here and I have made a promise to myself that I am going to look up in the sky more, enjoy the stars and watch those little dots. The world is awake in the evening and I have been missing all this. As hubby and I went back into our little cabin. Yes our house was originally a cabin. Hubby pointed to the trees in the front yard and said there goes an owl. I saw this large silhouette fly by Wow! He opened the door and we walked back into our Home with a smile.
© Cheri Larson and www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com and Larkrise garden girl 2009-present and future posts. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cheri Larson (larkrise garden girl) www.backtolarkrise.blogspot.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Larkrise garden girl
- As you can tell I love the PBS mini series Larkrise to Candleford. Love love Love the show!. Let me list my favorite things to do Gardening, quilting, rug hooking,reading and being a mom grandma and wife. I enjoy playing with my crazy shitzu Maulie who constantly makes me laugh. I have a wonderful creative daughter and a kind son in law and a sweet little grandson Jack. My husband is always woodworking in the garage which I love or playing with his trains. My crazy cat Morris is another member of our family who is the most laid back Orange tabby cat. I believe There is nothing better then working with your hands and finishing projects!!
- ► 2016 (28)
- ► 2015 (20)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (43)
- ► 2012 (87)
- Long Beach Imagination Quilt Show
- Dyeing Wools,Cheri Payne Quilt and Wool Crazy!
- Dodder reveal
- A Dodder we will go in search of natural dyes
- News hound report from San Diego county
- It's Christmas stocking time
- Test Run for the International Quilt Festival Long...
- Rug Hooking out on a deck in Southern California
- Scratch one chicken off my list!
- Just one more follower ...
- Where did the week go?
- A dot and a Space Station
- Happy 4th of July part two in Crest
- A Southern California 4th of July Parade in Crest ...
- Dee's Home and Garden part two
- My Return to Dee's front yard garden
- ▼ July (16)
Powered by Blogger.