Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dodder reveal

The results are in . Here is a quick look at how it turned out. I am off to wool Crazy today  so I am dashing out the door. More tomorrow when I have more time to blog about Tuesdays rug hooking group and also todays wool crazy.

                                                                




    On the left is the white sample on top of the wool and the color on the bottom is the result.The top small square in the middle is a bright yellow over plain white wool.The wool on the right was from spring Witch's hair over a check .My conclusion it still works but  collecting in summer the Dodder needs more time to be obsorbed.The two small squares at the top center are over beige wool.
                                        Witch's Hair over a white wool 
                                      with little dots.


                          A gift of  Coreopsis petals for dyeing
                        from fellow hooker Marjorie.
                                        Coreopsis wool  
                                                                
                                                

                               
                                  

6 comments:

Kim said...

Great results. I'm amazed with that witch hair stuff for dyeing. Have fun hooking today.

Courtney said...

I just love those colors. You've got the dyeing bug going in me just looking at all your beautiful wool.
Courtney

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great colors! Thanks for sharing!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Dog Trot Farm said...

What wonderful results, beautiful wool. Happy hooking, Julie

Farm Girl said...

It looks so pretty and I like the color of the Coreopsis wool. You know those white bugs you scrape? to get pink. I had them all over my Rosemary. I had never seen anything like it and I wondered what they were.
Now I know. I love learning about natural dye making. Do you have a indigo plant?
I remember on grew next to my great grandmothers door, in a post she always carried every where she lived.
I wish I knew what happened to it.
She told me that was what she used to make blue.
Growing up My Mom dyed everything all of the time. :)

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Farm Girl , I am not sure if their the same bugs ?Try it out but I was always told they just feed on Prickly pear. Interesting!
No I don't have an indigo plant but what a wonderful story! Pomegranate looks like a good color too. Cheri