Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dee's Home and Garden part two


 A Rug Dee bought from rug hooker Peggy Teich.   


 

                                 I was trying to learn to carve at one time.
                      This is the tool she uses.

There was so much to see at Dee’s that I had to do a part two blog post. After we had sat enjoying her garden we went inside to share what we have been doing. I showed her my never ending wool crazy quilt and my chicken of course and Dee showed me some wonderful cheater fabric pillows she made.   Dee had made a simple runner on a  piece of plain canvas that was simple yet different.Her home is candy for your eyes your constantly looking at all the things she has made . Many of the things she has done in the past is little stitcheries and cross stitch.. When I saw this bowl full of little stitches made by her and gifts from her friends I had to take a picture.


Dee is so artistic from her dolls she has made to her carving and painting.She is an extremely creative person.

 Rocks covered with doilies

                                    
                                 Pillows Dee just made.



I have included old photo's for those who haven't seen them. 



 Hubby made the little chest at the dolls feet

                                        A simple carving Dee did.

8 comments:

Linda, NE Iowa said...

Is the pattern for sale of the doll holding the cross-stitch heart? If so, please tell me how I can order it. Linda Love, NE Iowa

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Linda, That doll she bought years ago. It looks great next to her huge open fireplace.Cheri

Linda, NE Iowa said...

The entire setting is perfect but I especially love the doll. Guess I'll just have to try to make my own doll since I love the primitive look of this one.

Raymond Homestead said...

Wow neat things there. The little chest is awesome!

Nancy in MT said...

Thank you for posting such wonderful pictures of your friend's house and garden, I'm in love with it all.
Nancy

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Nancy, I am glad you liked it. It was such a treat to go to her home.I got so many ideas for my garden.

Orange Sink said...

I am in love with all of her neat primitives and handmades! Wonderful eye candy!
Cathy G

Rugs and Pugs said...

Thanks for sharing Dee's lovely home and gardens!!!
Happy fourth to you!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren