Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday evening

I had such a nice day visiting with friends and hooking away on Friday. One of my nice friends gave me a chicken rug hooking to work on. It is a great size to work on while I am helping out at  my daughters home. The new pattern is not too big and all the wool is there I have instant gratification.Hooker friends like Janet are a girls best friend! Do I need one more rug to  hook? I think yes!  
This new grand baby has me thinking hummmmm...
I have pondered what to call myself. Grandma doesn't sound like me and since I am of hispanic descent Nana is what I called my grandma.My mom was called Nana, so I will be a Nana.   
 This week I am going to miss my quilt group that I go to at the Country Loft and my rug hooking group but instead I  get to hold a week old baby!! So I won't be posting til Friday but I will be commenting.
 Lol I am such a chatty girl I do have to see what everybody is up to.Since I am using their computer I can't get to pictures or download anything to my blog. Here is an old picture I have of Maulie in my Picture library file.  It makes me laugh... Maulie is a little Bee.It's a Halloween picture but let say for now she is a Spring Bee... Cheri

11 comments:

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

I think Nana sounds wonderful... congratulations for the arrival of that new grand-baby!
Maulie looks so cute.
Have a great week.
Susan x

acorn hollow said...

Nothing better than to snuggle with a baby oh the smell alone gets me. congrats nana
cathy

Joanne said...

Sounds like a great plan for the week! Enjoy!

Mindy/Raymond Homestead said...

Maulie makes a sweet spring bee!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals, I am sitting here having my coffee while my daughter and her hubby take baby Jack for his first doctor appointment.That is always interesting as new parents.
I sure love getting comments. Lol Maulie does look cute. Well back to work I have dishes to do, Cheri

Farm Girl said...

I like nana for a name. It was already taken in my case so I remain gama, My husband now has lots of names so far, Papa, gampa and paqua
Who knows where these names come from.
I like paqua the best but when my grand daughter calls him papa I just melt.
We have twin grandsons and they have their own language and they came up with paqua.
No matter what It is such a joy and a wonderful experience.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim Farm girl, I love your blog but since has been having commenting on blogs I can never comment on your blog. I wish blogger would fix it . But I love your blog! Gama is cute . has ever heard of Noni. I am not sure what that is for a name. Cheri

Courtney said...

I like Nana! What fun to have a new grand-baby! My two Grandmothers were both Grammy...I hope I'll be Grammy too...just not too soon! My guys are way too young! LOL
Courtney

Rugs and Pugs said...

Nana ~
How lucky for you to spend time with a week old baby :)
Maulie-girl is just too cute!
Happy hooking on your new project.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

So Nana it is.
How does it feel to be a Nana?

I would love to know how your daughter is doing with the new baby Jack. The constant feeding when the mother needs sleep is hard on the mother even when she has no health issues. I hope that she is getting a lot of support.

Maulie is so very cute. Have a great week Cheri. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Gals , Well I being a NaNa is great. New Babies are so fun to look at and hold. Megan is doing really good.I am shocked since she was in the hospital and the MS was horrible. Baby Jack quiets down if he gets upset the minute his Mommy holds him. He is doing really well and Megan seems to have taken to being a Mommy really well.Today her hubby goes back to work and we'll see how things go. Cheri