Thursday, June 23, 2011

My biggest Rug and yes I think I like it!

My biggest rug I have ever made.




The many faces we wear...

Yesterday I hooked to my hearts content. A couple of friends and I got together and we hooked on our projects. I had started a chicken rug hooking and the beak was looking more like a horses mouth so my girlfriend gave me a refresher lesson. I ripped it out and did it again. I love the beak it looks much better after hooking it again . Between our hooking she had friends in her condominium stopping by and visiting.I guess were getting known as the hooking girls. We laughed so much. I hate to say it but I guess I am a little bit of a storyteller at times and my friend kept saying how funny I was which egged me on.It's relaxing talking with friends discussing what’s going wrong with our rugs, asking about colors and everyones opinion.We talked about everything from murder trials to kids and laughing at the dumbest things.
 I can never hook enough chickens. 
    
I think I am a paradox I love being around people at times and then I shut it off and enjoy being a hermit.  I think the older I get I just want to do what I want to do. Last night laying in bed with the window open I could hear all sorts of interesting noises in the night. There was one noise I wasn't sure if it was a bird or a animal.The sound was kinda high pitched and a repetitive light screech. It was such a peaceful feeling the cool night air and guessing what the sounds were. I had stay'd up really late working on my chicken hooking and the world was asleep with just me hooking away.
 During the night as I lay my head on my pillow I could hardly sleep thinking up projects I want to accomplish in my garden.I hope I am not the only person that goes over in her head all the things she is going to do the next day.Sometimes I wish night could be skipped so it would be the next day!
But when I need a people fix that’s when I take off my garden shoes slap on some face paint and become another face to my personality. I become a talkative person enjoying myself with fellow women who enjoy creating. I think in any person that creates art whether it’s a garden for themselves or rug hooking or a million other art forms being comfortable being alone is sometimes needed. That’s when the creativity can happen and you can tap into it.So I am going to hopefully tap away this summer to my hearts content.

11 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Really love your rug, great job!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Thank you!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE your Maggie B rug! The chicken rug is coming along great too!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Lauren, I thought I would never finish something. Now I am on a roll! The chicken rug I am hooking quickly . Cheri

Julia said...

Cheri, I love your chicken rug. It looks like this chicken has purpose.

I'm a bit like you as I sometimes love to be with friends and other times I cherish being all alone. I work best alone too. JB

Larkrise garden girl said...

Yes the chicken is on a mission.Lol
I am glad to have something off my list of projects. I feel so good I am done with it! I love your garden it is so pretty.Hugs Cheri

Kim said...

Both rugs are great but that chicken is adorable. She is strutting her stuff!
We have that "hermit" thing in common. I can go out and be social and have a blast but there comes a point when I have had enough and want some me-time.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, You got through the week. Thank goodness for fridays. I love just being alone sometimes.I am glad I am not the only one who likes to be by herself. cheri

Saundra said...

Cheri ~ You should absolutey love your rug as it is gorgeous and looks old. I just wish I could achieve that kind of look when I hook. There is another hooker who has the same ability who is on Rug Hooking Daily and I've admired her work as well; she goes by the name of Cotton Eye Joe.

Perhaps one day I'll get the mojo working so that my rugs will have the appearance of an antique. sigh... maybe one day.

Saundra

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Saundra color is the hardest part to me of hooking I think. Every rug I hook is different and I learn what I did wrong with every rug. One thing that makes things look old is using different shades of a color. Also if you dye your own wool with primitive colors.

Arlene said...

I love your big rug! One of these days I will try one!!