Monday, June 13, 2011

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

                                                          It must be in the water..




Morris my crazy Cat gave me quite a little shock yesterday! I looked up the hill in my backyard of eucalyptus trees and I noticed an orange crazy Morris hanging by one paw. The chubby cat was hanging about 25 feet up in a eucalyptus tree with one paw unable to get back to the branch . I yelled at Morris when I saw him.I have no idea how long he had been hanging there but he had the attention of a crow that was cawing at him. That must have been Morris’s attraction to be so high up in the tree a big black crow with a nest.
I wasn't sure if his claw was stuck in the tree or what. I looked at this big orange fur ball hanging like a monkey in a tree and thought where is the nearest ladder!I doubt it would have reached him.
It's one thing to be stuck in a tree another to be hanging by one paw. Morris was struggling to pull himself up  I felt so bad for him.
I think me yelling at Morris gave him the incentive to be like a contestant on the biggest loser TV show. Give it one more try! He was back on the branch. Hoisting his belly jelly cat belly was equivalent to a military marine pull up. Quite impressive! After he had taken his time coming down the tree I checked him out he was not limping or anything . It was such a emotional moment for Morris he headed for his cat bowl.
Morris is the reason for the saying Curiosity kills the cat he just can’t stay out of trouble.

My girlfriend had a birthday and we were unable to get together because of everything that happened last month. Yesterday I bought her a birthday present yes that would be the frog but after looking at it I am not quite sure if she’ll like it. It looked good in the store but now I hope it grows on her. There is a fine line between interesting and odd! I asked hubby instead of weed wacking the garden could he make me a birdhouse for Linda. This is hubby’s make do birdhouse I hope she likes it.Hubby just saw the frog he looked at me and laughed. I don't know why I asked for his opinion he said it looks like Godzilla.



Jack worked away on this bird house for me on Sunday after he saw the frog.   


 The back of the birdhouse is a wash board.
                                                                      








 
                                                     

  


14 comments:

Julia said...

I'm glad that Maurice made it down safely. That's quite the bird house. I love the idea of a washboard for the back.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I think the frog will looked wonderful in the garden!!! And that birdhouse with the washboard back is just too cool!
I'm so glad Morris was able to save the day himself. What a daredevil.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Larkrise garden girl said...

Just got back from our birthday luncheon. Linda as usual was gracious and loved the birdhouse and knows she will find a spot for froggy in her garden. Morris is totally recovered from his adventure. I just wish he would chill out and quit getting himself into messes.Cheri

Courtney said...

I love both the frog and the birdhouse! And...I was hanging by a paw waiting for the resolution of Morris's adventures. I'm so glad he's ok!
Courtney

Linda said...

The birdhouse is fantastic. I'm glad she liked it. I've found my kitty handing by one paw from the ceiling fan pull chain! Not as far off the ground but I was afraid he couldn't release himself. Hope he learned his lesson too!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Ceiling fan pull chain Oh my Gosh what crazy cats are out there!

Kim said...

Poor Morris. I'm glad he managed to hoist himself back up. Maybe he learned his lesson?? (probably not Lol)
Well, that birdhouse is hot! Love the washboard back. Very cool and creative. But I loved the frog too. I have a frog addiction. Your friend will love whatever you give her anyway.

Farm Girl said...

Well the frog is cute but that bird house is just great! I love the wash board back and it is just so cool.
What a harrowing story about your cat.
I bet your heart stopped to see him hanging like that.
Silly cat.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Farm girl , I love your blog but never comment because of blogger problems I wish they would fix it. Morris is a silly cat and is constantly making me wonder what is he thinking? Morris was stray that adopted us and he did make me freak. Lol I felt so sorry for him.

Leontien said...

Haha! I love the story about Morris! But I'm sorry i don't like the frog! haha

But i am sure it will grow on her and every gift you get from a friend is a good gift no matter what it looks like!

big hugs
Leontien

Larkrise garden girl said...

Lol that frog is not one of my better choices,you and my husband agree. Lol smiles Cheri

acorn hollow said...

I like that frog he has a certain something but I really like the birdhouse.Glad morris is ok. Our Sadie when we first got her went up a pine tree for 4 days!
Cathy

Larkrise garden girl said...

four days wow poor Sadie.

Paige Puckett said...

You have such great garden treasures! Love that crazy cat :)