Monday, May 2, 2011

United States of America!!!!

Last night as I worked on a quilt block for Sew the Cure my daughter called stating  Osama bin Laden  is dead! I never get chills but I did. I felt teary eyed and just relieved. So many of us remember where we were when 911 happened and all of us know someone whose friend or family member is over seas. San Diego being a military city with marines and navy bases are on heightened alert. I pray for our military and young people overseas USA !We're so proud of the Navy  Seals!
                                                   I stopped what I was doing.

4 comments:

Kim said...

When I got up this morning there was a little note beside my coffee cup. All it said was "Bin Laden is dead". Justice

Larkrise garden girl said...

Kim, Justice that simple word says it all. Cheri

Farm Girl said...

I didn't know you lived in California. I love where you walk it is just beautiful. We are having just beautiful days right now. I turned on my computer and the first thing I saw was that Bin Laden was dead and I said, I can't help but think it is like killing the Hydra, we only got one of the heads. I do hope I am so wrong and he won't be replaced by someone more evil.
For today, I do think he got what he deserved. He killed so many innocent people in the name of his religion.
Sorry for the soapbox. :) It is nice to meet you
Kim,
My field of dreams

Larkrise garden girl said...

Hi Kim, I agree with you. It's just good that some kind of justice happened.Cheri